Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Piaggo zip 50cc 2t

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by ollie massey, 28 Apr 2019
ollie massey#1
I currently have a standard carb but sports exhaust and upjet along with rollers and clutch springs , I have a 22mm carb , is it worth putting it on or not , if not then what size jet should I put in with a air filter ( not standard air box)
milo2025#2
Standard size of the main jet is 53 but size 60 might be the best choice, but make sure the mixture isn't depleted. My mate had an aftermarket exhaust with an 80 jet, after removing the air filter restrictor it needed an 88 though.
scubabiker#3
Put an airbox back on it is my advice.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Got A1 driving license, which scooter should I buy?6 replies5 May 2019
Help! Scooter newbie please give some parking advice.5 replies3 May 2019
Piaggio x9 evolution 125 part??? Help8 replies3 May 2019
Speedfight 4 electrical help needed12 replies2 May 2019
Di Blasi R7E Frame2 replies2 May 2019
Legal requirements for driving a 125 CC Scooter12 replies27 Apr 2019
NEW TO THE WORLD OF SCOOTERS6 replies25 Apr 2019
Bike security4 replies24 Apr 2019
Cleaning moped14 replies22 Apr 2019
Two questions in one12 replies22 Apr 2019