NEW TO THE WORLD OF SCOOTERS

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Octavian, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Octavian

Octavian New Member

Hello guys, my name is Octavian and I currently use an ebike every day to work. I spend far too much time and I need to buy a moped. I am looking to buy a kymko agility 50 (I will upgrade it later and buy a quality scooter but right now I have to spend loads on security as I will use the security systems from the kymko on the more expensive model that I will buy later on).
    Is Kymko a good model? From what I understand it is not really the ultra lower end of them all, they are after all, made in Taiwan not CHINA. :)
    I also want to know if I have to do some sort of extra training to drive a 125 CC scooter. From what I understand so far, I only need CBT for the 125 CC. Thank you guys and I hope that you will understand that I am only a nOOb here in the world of scooters.

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Greetings Octavian. Kymko are a well know brand, cheap and reliable as far as I know so can't really go wrong if your budget can't stretch to Yamaha, Piaggio, Honda, Aprilia etc etc. If you want something more sporty with more oomph go for a 2 stroke, but there are not masses of new ones around anymore. As for your second question I think you have to do something called an A1? I might be wrong though because back in 2002 when I got my full motorcycle license things were a bit different. Good time to get a scooter though - just in time for the summer! :cool:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Security on a Kymco scooter????o_O
    Do your CBT, go straight for a 125cc if you will use it for commuting.
    Naraku are the OE suppliers for Kymco scooters so quality is a bit better engine wise.
    You then have 2 years to either do your full license, whether restricted to A1/A2 or not depending on your age, or re-take another CBT.
    If you are over 24 years old it is best to just go Direct Access for your full licence.
    Most 50cc scooters are ragged to within an inch of their lives so I would think that unless you drop on a really good one then you will have to do some work on it to make it a reliable daily commuter.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Or buy a cub

Sam phantom and Stevep like this.
  5. Octavian

Octavian New Member

Thanks for the help, the idea is that I want to buy almax chains and high tech alarm systems that I will use at the Kymko first, and then reuse them on my future purchase - a 125 CC Italian scooter :). I live in a part of England with a lot of theft and bad people, it is mostly an industrial area and a lot of stuff gets stolen around here so security is my first priority. Thanks again for your suggestions :)

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Guessing you live in London then?
    All of the UK has a theft problem. Part of the reason I moved.

7. Octavian

Octavian New Member

Nee, around the Liverpool area... not the best of places unfortunately