Legal requirements for driving a 125 CC Scooter

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Octavian, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Octavian

Octavian New Member

My plan is to buy a nice Italian Lambretta scooter with a 125 CC. I do not own a car driving license and as you all know laws are different from one state from another so the situation is quite confusing. I also plan to get a car driving license later on so my question is : can I drive a 125 CC Scooter with a car driving license in the UK or do I have to take the special motorcycle test/or CBT in order to drive a 125, Google basically says that I need to have only the CBT to drive a 125 CC scooter which sounds great but I cannot really trust google results. Please help me out and bare in mind that I plan to get my car driving license in the future, in my native country I can drive a scooter with a car driving license, I do not really know the laws of the U.K.
    Thank you for your support :).

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Google are right on this occasion. You do need a CBT to ride a 125 and unless you get a full bike license you will need to retake this biennially. So it does makes sense to get a full license. :)

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Direct.gov.uk will have the answers.
    Where is your native country?

4. Octavian

Octavian New Member

I am from Romania (but from the good part of the country not the underdeveloped backwards part :) ) . I live in an industrial area with a lot of labouring jobs and the motorbike is the best way to get to work around here. Right now I use an ebike with a 40 mile range and a GPS and it is absolutely amazing however it is making me feel dead tired :( . If I can drive a 125 CC with a CBT that should be fine, I am working on my goals and I also need to invest in my education so the CBT is the best solution for me at this point in time. Thanks again for all the support you are amazing :)

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Is Romania in the EU/EEA
    I used to live in the UK but moved to Norway. The UK is a backwards underdeveloped country..
    So many problems and the politicians don't ever do anything about them...

6. Octavian

Octavian New Member

It is not backwards but a lot of the problems that the UK has Romania has right now the only exception is the lack of corruption ... the politicians and bankers never really cared too much about the people of this UK anyway.. I have read enough about it... however at least they were not touched by communism or other dangerous ideologies... the UK is far better than Romania or Eastern Europe where they had horrible communism ... :(

7. Octavian

Octavian New Member

Anyway I would like to stay clear of any sort of political discussions... Europe faces more or less the same problems regardless of the countries..

scubabiker and milo2025 like this.
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

What are you going to study?

9. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

I wouldn’t say the uk is backwards and undeveloped lol it’s far from perfect for sure but undeveloped?! :eek:

I mean Whaling is still legal in Norway for god sake, we would would consider that a little backwards considering it nearly drove them to extinction.

Sorry scuba getting a bit patriotic:)

milo2025 likes this.
  10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The UK has plenty of history on extinct animals....
    The UK is underdeveloped. People actually live in poverty in the UK. Again it can be traced back to the government though.
    It pisses me off how there can be such a divide between rich and poor....
    Anyway enough politics...
    (yeah whaling sucks, as does wolf hunting, but I'm one of the people arranging protests against it)

Sam phantom likes this.
  11. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Respect for your efforts and protests!

We are very pro animal rights

scubabiker likes this.
  12. Octavian

Octavian New Member

IT

scubabiker likes this.
  13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Cool.
    I'm thinking of taking up studying again. Thinking of doing automotive design out in California. Although it's a lot of digital based stuff and I hate computers...