Bike security

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Apr 22, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

theft of my bike is a genuine concern especially in London.

Is there a cheap alarm or something I can buy that will beep or something if the bike is being stolen.

ATM all I have on it is a really short kyrptonite chain but I’m thinking I may as well just use a disc lock (still haven’t found one that fits my bike since the holes on the disc brakes are smaller than standard motorcycles). To save on weight and time it takes to unlock bike and also reduce damage on the paint on the inner wheel rim.

I know have the kyprotonyt is a better idea than just a disc lock but I only ever take it to safe places anyway?

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

I'm a bit weary using my disc lock as a couple of times I forgot it was on and badly damaged the disc - expensive lesson. I'm lucky cause my bike has one of these built into it. Such a brilliant idea, I don't know why more bikes don't have them. www.youtube.com /watch?v=sUFLIqcAP0g I love his comment below, it really is so simple to use.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I had a hidden kill switch on an old Suzuki.
    Saved it countless times.
    On my runner I had a Meta alarm and immobiliser..
    When you say "safe places" you realise thieves will take a bike in broad daylight in front of cameras.

milo2025 likes this.
  4. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Thing is will an alarm or imobaliser stop a theif from wheeling it away or putting it in the back of a van? Is there an alarm that will beep when someone is messing with it?

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah. My Meta beeped if you moved the bike.