Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Help! Scooter newbie please give some parking advice.

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Old_Harry, 27 Apr 2019
Old_Harry#1
Hi wveryone!
I was riding my 125cc motorcycle for 2 years, but now (for insurance reasons) I will be getting a scooter (Honda Forza 125 or Yamaha XMax 125).
Now I live in Scotland and wind is massive problem here. My bike was dropped by the winds several times and caused some nasty damage to my fairings. I have no way to rest my new scooter against something where I park. Any advise to keep it stable when parked so it doesnt get flipped by wind ???
Thank you all in advance!
scubabiker#2
Centre stand is your best bet. I live a little further north than you and a little more to the east... We have a lot of wind here in Norway, I've found its best with the centre stand
Old_Harry#3
Centre stand is your best bet. I live a little further north than you and a little more to the east... We have a lot of wind here in Norway, I've found its best with the centre stand

Thank you! I thought that scoot should be a bit more bottom heavy than naked 125cc. Will try centre stand.
Ian Robinson#4
Lay it down gently to avoid it gettin blown over
scubabiker#5
That too. If its forecast heavy wind, lay it down on its side so it can't fall.
Mark Emerson Trentham#6
Have a towel in your bucket to lay it on,folds up easy & you won't scratch the s##t out of your plastics.;).

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Peugeot Vclic 50cc starting problem, kick start, electric start.7 replies13 May 2019
Scooter won’t start!147 replies13 May 2019
Tuning Dellorto 17.5mm?8 replies9 May 2019
Gilera 125 year 2000 2 stroke3 replies8 May 2019
Got A1 driving license, which scooter should I buy?6 replies5 May 2019
Piaggio x9 evolution 125 part??? Help8 replies3 May 2019
Speedfight 4 electrical help needed12 replies2 May 2019
Di Blasi R7E Frame2 replies2 May 2019
Piaggo zip 50cc 2t2 replies28 Apr 2019
Legal requirements for driving a 125 CC Scooter12 replies27 Apr 2019