Peugeot Vclic 50cc starting problem, kick start, electric start.

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by gamecelt, May 13, 2019.

1. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

I have a Peugeot Vclic 50cc 2011. The electric start turns the bike over but not enough to start the bike. If I connect the battery to my car with jump leads and try the electric start the bike will start up. The battery was new in January. Could it die that quickly?

The kick start works rarely. I had it working yesterday but then transported the moped in a van 40 miles. Took it out of van and kick start will not start up the moped.

When I jump started the moped on the car electric start worked for a few times then stopped working again. The same with the kick start.

Any ideas?

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Charge your battery.?,Peds not used on a regular basis need to be put back into play as develop issues with lack of use.
    Give it a bit of an overhaul,etc.

3. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

I am new to bikes so when you say overhaul etc what does that involve?

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I would be suspecting the battery is a dud. Has the battery gone completely flat at some point?

5. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

Hi yes the battery was flat. I have just dropped the battery off at a moped garage who is going to charge it overnight. I'll update tomorrow when I pick it up.

This does t resolve my kick-start issue.

An addition. The kick start seems like it should have a pipe attached but there is none on it? What's that for?

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

A pipe to the kick start?
    They are pretty hopeless those kick starts, not enough revolutions of the engine to each kick.

7. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

I'm a beginner so forgive my description but I'll do my best. Where the kick start lever that you press down is attach to a plate of metal, if I take that plate of metal off with all the bolts around it the kick start mechanism is underneath inside. On the left hand side of that metal plate you can attach a pipe that I think attaches to the air filter but there's no pipe attached to it. Will that make any Difference?

8. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Stripping the engine down and rebuilding it. May not be necessary on your bike at this stage however. Depends how much spare time you have.