Two questions in one

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Apr 20, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

this is to save on too many threads.

Question one: I’m pretty sure the speedo is not accurate as it shows 20 mph but it feels like 10 and also 10mph feels like a lot less, you get the idea plus into it that when I’m at full throttle on a long road it goes over 40moh close to 50 so I’m new to mopeds are old Speedo’s inaccurate or become inaccurate over time or is it correct?

Also, my order didn’t come with side foot pegs which suck because at higher speeds it offers more stability. There are these plastic covered areas on the bike which I’m assuming are for the pegs, my second question is how hard is it to put pegs in this bike?

I think if I felt correctly there are bolts at the back but not certain...

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Speedo's are simple devices - not much to go wrong but you can get it tested on a 'rolling road' if your dealer has one. I assume you are using standard wheels and tyres? Pegs should be easy peasy - there probably are bolts at the back so just undo, pop the pegs on and do up again nice an tightly (but not too much torque as you don't want to damage any bodywork). Even I could do that so that gives you an idea how simples it should be! ;) ( If bolts corroded and not budging use a bit of gt85 and let is soak for 10 mins or so.)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Cool will look into it.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Speedos on all bikes and cars read wrong.
    The higher the speed the more inaccurate it is.

5. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

But its happening on lower speeds like it says 20 mph but feels like 10 and 10 feels like slowly walking!

6. milo2025

Are you positive it's not reading in kmph like mine? If it is that would explain things somewhat.

7. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

It does read it KMH but it also has MPH although for some reaosn the KMH is the main reading which is annoying.

8. milo2025

Same as mine. It maybe an import. I really don't find it a problem though. Oh yeah don't you just hate those speed humps? I flew over one yesterday (admittedly I was going way too fast but there was no one around) and I very nearly went flying over the bars. I don't know which got battered and bruised the most - me or the bike. Reminds me I'm getting on a bit in years now, and so is the bike, poor thing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

That's totally normal.

10. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Ok good to know :). Didn’t even notice it at first so might just be me being over scrutinising.

11. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Are you saying uk ones have the mph as the main reading then?

I hate them! It’s fun dodging them but when you can’t avoid them or react too late and are going too fast it’s not good! I go bouncing on my seat which isn’t too comfortable to say the least! Also worried about the bike getting damaged over time. The suspension isn’t as comfortable as I imagined being two pronged but not too bad I guess... I have a bad back but at least the metal rods I had removed from my back are not a concern!

I was told (when they were in) I could never trampoline or horse ride so I’m assuming those bumps would have been a real problem!

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I can't ride a roller-coaster because of my health. My Dr's would have a fit if they saw me jumping speedbumps...
    The kmh thing is pretty common it's only the UK and USA that use imperial now.
    On the subject explain this:
    You buy a pint of beer but spirits are sold in ML.
    You drive in miles per hour yet petrol is sold in litres.
    Milk is sold in 1 pint incriments but is actually labelled in ML...
    Is the UK slowly phasing out imperial measurements?
    I know in the engineering world everyone uses metric.

13. milo2025

I think maybe they are being phased out in some places but not others. I haven't noticed a big phase out thing going on.