Can someone tell me the name of this clutch? (2 pics)

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Emil12345, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Emil12345

Emil12345 New Member

Hello can someone tell me the model/name of this clutch

what is it? malossi?piaggo?topracing..???

Attached Files:

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    what scooter is this fitted to ?

It looks like a stock GY6 OEM clutch rather than an upgraded clutch unit by malossi/polinni /top racing

3. Emil12345

Emil12345 New Member

its fitted to a chinese Hamachi Intrax 4Stroke

[​IMG] the clutch is not stock, its changed but i dont know the name of the new clutch

but i dont think its GY6, it doesnt have the 2 lines

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    macedonia company makes those. i would say they are chinese export bikes renamed for the macedonia market.

near all chines fourstrokes run the GY6 vairant motor , you can tell by the engine code usually something like this 139QMB .QMA these are the usually denotation for the gy6 type motors.

GY6 motors were first made by honda, these chinese versions are just copys of the original gy6 fourstroke motors and they tend to be very generic to chinese scooters ;)

5. Emil12345

Emil12345 New Member

but i searched on google for gy6 clutches and i didnt find the one i have..?

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
  7. Emil12345

Emil12345 New Member

but it doesnt have the lines.. i dont think so bro

Attached Files:

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Emil buddy

those lines are just chaffe lines cut into the clutch shoes, they help to grip the clutch bell , these days clutch shoes dont really have to have those cut lines in them ;)

clutches come in differing flavours some have straight shoe meat and some have a fancy line cut or even criss cross cut, its just how makers are. problems can arise if one of those cut lines shatters and some of the shoe comes away, where a pure meat shoe these is less chance of any problems. you will see those same cut grooves in disc brake pads to, some have them others dont, they are mainly used for wear marks in both clutches and brake pads. when you cant see those cut lines you replace the clutch/brake pads :)

Most if not all upgrade race clutches you see wont have those cut lines in they will be a long flash shoe meat ( meat = the shoes gripping surface ) more meat = more grip and less chance of slip :) ...... dont worry about those groved cut lines buddy trust us on this ;).

your clutch is a 107mm clutch for a gy6 thats all you need to worry about that 107mm measurement

9. Emil12345

Emil12345 New Member

okay i understand now thanks bro

10. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

The grooves are there to stop build up of dust in a similar way to brake shoes. As the friction material has improved not many clutch shoes have the grooves any more.
    As said get a clutch to suit your scooter model or a generic GY6 type.