Springs

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by steve82, Mar 14, 2017.

1. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    Hi all just wondering how to make my clutch engaged quicker so it take off. It revs to about 6000-6500rpm before it start to move. What will I need to make it quicker to take off. I put 5.5gr in stead of 4gr. Thank you

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    contrast spring and clutch springs

3. steve82

steve82 Nrg power

Rides:
    Piaggio nrg power dd
    What would you use?

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    just the clutch springs, light to medium oput of any of the 3 set packs you can buy anywhere. contra spring really isnt needed for engaging rpm

5. No Spanner

No Spanner New Member

I've got a similar 'challenge' on an aerox 50. Airsal 50 sports cylinder, Stage 6 exhaust and variator, up jetted and when it hits the powerband it's fantastic; only prob is really slow from standing start (until hitting powerband)
    I'm not very experienced with 2 strokes but now looking at the clutch, all seems in good order - do I need weaker springs? I was going to replace torsion spring as next step.

6. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    usually you will buy clutch springs in sets of 9 , 3 yellow - 3 blue - 3 white , the differing colours are differing strengths . what your wanting is the light to medium springs from those sets, now differing companys use differing colours , like top racing may have blue and white as low and medium , but malossi may have yellow and blue as the low and medium springs.

aerox 2013 onwards : http://www.pedparts.co.uk/bikes/yamaha/aerox-2013-on/clutches-torque-drivers?by=&dir=ASC&limit=12&

Aerox before 2013 : http://www.pedparts.co.uk/bikes/yam...clutches-torque-drivers?by=&dir=ASC&limit=12&

7. No Spanner

No Spanner New Member

ok, thanks for the response.
    Clutch springs and not torsion spring - I'll give it a go and see what results I get.