Yamaha Jog r 2003 Tuning My scooter

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by TomTom, Jun 13, 2010.

1. TomTom

TomTom New Member

As far as i know my bike is fully de restricted.
    bigger jet Washer removed behind variator.

New racing Clutch(Still wearing in)
    New 4Gram rollers
    New Belt
    New Barrel
    New PaintJob
    Sound System

To Come:
    Big Bore kit
    New exhaust

At the moment, 53 mph.
    The clutch has only had 100 miles on it, still wearing in.
    The exhaust has had over 10,000 miles on it (its done :L Scrap)

If you no Any other restrictors please let me no. The exhaust is a perfomance one, its not restricted:)
    Any other parts you think i should do let me no :) and if you have a jog wahs ur top speed and wat have you done to ur jog! :)

2. robh2008

robh2008 New Member

hey im wondering what exhaust you have on your jog? i have a 2004 jog rr lc , does 42 ish on flat. standard exhaust and fully derestricted. due to a hole in my exhaust im ordering a sports pipe 2 morrow. im thinking ov getting a endy power pipe (not got the best of budgets) and buying 5.5 gram rollers and a set of jets. give this to my local garage do you recon ill be hitting 50mph ?

3. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Endy pipe is worse than standard IMO. If your on a budget save your money and dont bother.. Your'll end up wasting ££hundreds for hardly any power gains.

Performance exhausts ARE restricted, any exhaust with an "E-mark" will be restricted in one way or another to be road legal. Restrictions can be found in the downpipe and in the end-can.

4. Jayy I I Ziip I

Jayy I I Ziip I New Member

my mate has a jog rr with a gianelli chrome extra exhaust and the rollers that come with it and it flies. it does about 66 mph and that is the only mods done to it.

and endy pipes are horrible had one on my zip and had non stop problems with it, the barcket snapped twice and the actual expansion chamber has snapped on it. i now also have a gianelli extra exhaust and rate it well with a standard cyclinder.

5. Danny Willis

Danny Willis New Member

my yamaha jog r A/C has a poilli verator and 4.3g rollers and a leo vince ZX sporty with out the restrictor close to the barrel and mine does 50/52 flat, always keeps me about 45 all day with wind agenst me but without 52mph easy lol next im putting a 70cc bore kit stage 6 for £160 and bigger carb 19mm, gear up kit and i should be hitting around 60 min to 76 mph :D my jog r.jpg

6. Jog_RR_madhead

Jog_RR_madhead Trainee bike mechanic in need of assistance

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    hey guys I've just installed a 70cc big bore kit on my 2006 jog and I'm just waiting for a new stator to arrive (due on tuesday) I have upjetted my main jet to size 80 (advised by a scooter mechanic) I've got a new open air filter which I'm about to put on today. will post some pics later today. cheers