Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Startmotor slipps occasionaly

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Brie, 24 Apr 2017
Brie#1
Hi!

Since I bought my Kymco Super 8 4 stroke 50cc (bought it used for almost a year ago) I have noticed that when I press the start button the start motor slipps and I almost always have to release and press the startbutton again a few times for it to grip and turn the engine over. Have looked at the bendix gear and it looks fine.

Do I need to replace the startmotor to get rid of this problem?

Thanks!

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

New Anlas Tyres4 replies27 Apr 2017
Cycle boxes at traffic lights4 replies26 Apr 2017
honda dylan ses 125cc4 replies25 Apr 2017
Honda c50 70 rear wheel !!!!1 replies24 Apr 2017
Michelin city pro tyre4 replies24 Apr 2017
Kymco Super 8 rattling sound26 replies24 Apr 2017
A1 licence5 replies20 Apr 2017
Confidence12 replies20 Apr 2017
Where can I buy Yamaha Aerox Rossi Replica 50cc graphic decals?0 replies20 Apr 2017
Muscle aches5 replies15 Apr 2017