Cycle boxes at traffic lights

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ellismit101, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

Has anyone ever stopped inside one of these boxes when at a red light???

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    All the time,firm believer that motorists(car/bike/lorry) have more rights than cyclists - hands down.
    Word of caution/mind - stay on the standard line BEFORE the box starts .if there are whites lines & a camera (sling a look over your shoulder an up)...;)

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

If you're doing the same route every day, you'll get to know where the cams are along the way;)
    And besides that, a scooter can, mostly, accelerate quicker than a car from a standing start, mostly.
    But you will get the obvious beligerant drivers; just let them go. You'll still be ahead of the rest.

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    to be honest i couldnt say, i never pull into those boxes upfront for cycles.

all i know is that all motorists inc motorcycles should stop at the first line, UNLESS the light changes to red and you already passed the first defined thick white line. myself i just dont go into them .

looked up and police can air caution but usually its an offer of fine and 3 points on licence :(

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  5. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

No I do not use them, only be in there if it's an emergency as was the case today with a fire engine heading up the main road I wanted to turn on

To be honest these boxes are a nuisance