Muscle aches

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Kriskeogh, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

Hi

Sorry this is a bit random but more a process of elimination really.

Does anyone else get aching muscles after being out riding. I'm trying to see if my riding style is causing the discomfort I'm getting in my right shoulder and upper arm

It may be something different that's causing it and about six years ago I strained my shoulder scraping wallpaper off and reaching/straining.

I just wanted to know has anyone else found their bike creating muscle pains

Cheers
    K

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    try riding with elbows up a little , dont let then drag down so much.

i ride mx style with my elbows up a good bit, youtube motorcross and look ath the style they ride with elbows up , having them up stops your shoulders dragging down and helps with aches , if you ride mx bikes with dropped elbows you tend to get a lotta aches

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Do you use a rucksack for carrying bits 'n bobs - strap positioning regarding circulation.?.

4. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

You should be relaxed when riding sitting upright with a light grip on the bars.
    Difficult to say if you are doing anything wrong. What we need is a video of you riding lol
    Just looked at the pic when you first got the scooter and you appear to be sitting very far back.?
    Maybe you are putting the weight on your arms and back?
    [​IMG]

You should be like this.

[​IMG]
    Look at the difference in the posture and arms. On a 125 scooter you will not get the wind blast to support you like you do on a fast bike if you sit back.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  5. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Good advice from the last post. You are riding a scooter so you sit as though you are on a dining chair. In addition you may find that holding the throttle back causes your shoulder to drop a little making you lopsided. This is often a result of sitting too far back as well. Start out with your throttle grip over the front of the bar so once it's full on your wrist is straight and not held too far back and down.

Kriskeogh and gilburton like this.
  6. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

No I do not carry any bags

Great advice about sitting further forward, I'll certainly try moving forward more

I was told on my CBT to sit in the centre but I then sit with outstretched arms from that position

I feel like its triggering an old injury but yes l certainly change posture

Really appreciate the heads up