Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Speedfight 4 ac carb settings

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by Normnormal, 1 Aug 2021
Normnormal#1
So.. my daughter killed her scoot, conrod bearing gone and piston damage!
I’ve rebuild the bottom end with new crank, bearings and put a new top end on, now for the troubles..
When I opened the carb, the needle fell out and the clip vanished (not even sure how that happens). Does anyone know what the standard needle clip position is? If I put it on highest (needle will be lower) it won’t even start. In the middle it starts but gets very hot to the point of soft seize!
So should it be at the bottom (needle raised to highest point). Also what is the standard air/fuel mix, I believe it’s usually appx 2 turns out? Can’t seen you find any information on what the standard carb settings should be? If anyone knows it will save me a hell of a lot of time as you have to take seat off each time to make a change :(

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Gilera stalker 70cc kit bogging (need help tuning my carb)16 replies23 Oct 2021
stage 6 mk2 racing with a yasuni R1 replies10 Sep 2021
2012 Piaggio Zip acts like there is a CPU restrictor. Confused I am!10 replies9 Aug 2021
Thoughts on Giannelli Extra V2 exhaust on Suzuki AY50 Katana?6 replies8 Aug 2021
Suzuki ay50 deristricting.0 replies7 Aug 2021
2009 Yamaha Aerox Need Tuning Help Please!4 replies18 Jul 2021
Aerox problems watch VIDEO will not start after switches off and I have spark34 replies18 Jul 2021
Derbi senda 50cc de-restrict0 replies6 Jul 2021
Kymco r16 Gear up kit help5 replies5 Jul 2021
Piaggio zip 50cc tuning10 replies4 Jul 2021