Aerox problems watch VIDEO will not start after switches off and I have spark

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Suzukistreetmagic1, Jul 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

Hi and hope everybody is doing well and have kept strong throw this bad time ...

okey let me list the mods Yamaha aerox yq50 2003 manual choke

all these mods was done a year and half ago and bike was used for work and loved it took the bike off road in March at the start of Covid keep out side covered started it once six months started on 3rd kick

well today I made choose to mot her
    On riding to mot station she was perfectly fine got the mot and passed all good I said to my self I’m going to a family house Bbc as it 6miles before I did I put 6pound fuel in unleaded
    Off I went when I got about 3 miles exit the round around 45 up to 55 she completely switch off like as if when your pop your piston I was wtf any way kick her over once and started I made a decision not to go to family members house and return back home either way was 3 miles I’ve got to around about 800 yards and it done it again I then decided to push the bike all the way home took me a long time on my travels I kept on thinking maybe of the spark plug so underneath the seat I had a brand-new one I fitted it started again maybe just under a mile and cut out again when I mean cut out it’s like literally someone switching off the ignition complete power loss I have a video that I’m going to upload to YouTube click this video and what you see in the video is exactly what’s been happening so far I’ve cleaned all the carburettorCheck the reeds check the airbox check the manual choke and it starts every time but once you hold the ribs down he gets to a certain power the bike will just shut down I’m not too sure exactly what’s been going on bear in mind the bike I stood for nearly 12 1/2 months I also checked the fuel by sucking on the vacuum line and looking in a cup there was no water in the suction vacuum hose is brand-new and I changed the clutch and Bell are good so I’m very confused exactly what’s happened here couple of friends abroad have told me that it could be the bearings have gone I hope not Check the reads check the airbox check the menu joke and it starts every time but once you hold the revs down and gets to a certain power the bike will just shut down I’m not too sure exactly what’s been going on there in mind the bike I stood for nearly 12 1/2 months I also check the fuel by sucking on the vacuum line a look in a cup there was no water for suction vacuum hose is brand-new and I changed the clutch and Bill are good so I’m very confused exactly what’s happened here couple of friends abroad have told me that it could be the bearings have gone I hope notAnd also told me to do a compression test now I don’t have that compression test tool to do it alternatively I do not think that the piston has gone because the bike runs as when you pull back that throw all the way you’ll see in the video link that I will post if you guys could kindly help me out as the bike has had a lot of good modifications before anyone starts saying about mixture of screws and stuff I appreciate your response for the bike like I said it’s set up perfectly is this problem but I don’t know where it’s coming from

stage 6 street race 70cc
    Stage 6 chrome edition pipe
    Delta belt
    Polini clutch
    92 main jet
    Perfect rollers
    Oil pump with good race oil I do not ore mix this bike as Ricky at Pedparts last year said no need to
    New sparky plug
    New Yamaha. Cdi unit
    And new coil this was all done over year and half ago the bike was quick and Reliable reliable-never had problems but this year stated above I’ve came across this problem
    It does have spark checked look forward to a reply thanks
    New temperature sensor sits around half temp
    And two bars over ???

2. Suzukistreetmagic1

Here is the link I’ll leave it up for you guys to completely see what I’m saying

3. Suzukistreetmagic1

4. Suzukistreetmagic1

I don’t anybody going to help me out on this one even tho I tell people over many’s years this the site to be :(

5. Suzukistreetmagic1

Update today once it switches off it will not start and I’ve removed the spark plug and I have spark drain fuel today checked all crank shafts bushes they fine once it’s cool down will start and run perfect in the spot it’s not bogging it’s like as if it’s a power cut I’m confused to wtf is problem

6. Suzukistreetmagic1

On full throttle then booooooom switches off I’m
    Given it’s 48 hours then it’s going I’d appreciate help please

7. FV43576

FV43576 Member

I am sorry to see that nobody is help, I had same when I put on forum for four months no answer, I don't know what is the point to have a forum when nobody is answer the question.

I had a Suzuki CS50 50cc 1987 last year, the scooter was top speed of 26mph, I wasn't pleased, so I decided to modify try to add another 10mph it went bad to hell!

I install performance exhaust, upgrade carb needle screw from 85 to 90, reduce weight 7 kg off, performance air filter fitted and throttle pin move clip to low mark. It was fine nice smooth till I reach at 32 mph the engine shut off in the middle of road! And it won't restart, it seems flooding the carb.

I had to limp ride to home, I don't know what is wrong, it must be the mixture ratio of fuel is not correct at high rev.
    I have returned the normal needle back to 85, it still stalls at high speed.

Put the original exhaust back to normal it still stalls, what the hell is wrong with this bike put the standard air filter back it went lovely with no stall, but it reaches top speed of 27mph.

So my brain is to work out if I kept the original air filter but put the performance exhaust back, it went to 28mph with no stall. Right, I put the 90 needle back, it stalls at 23mph! I can't work it out why it seems that 90 needle pour too much fuel at high rev with the performance air filter it takes too much air to intake, I can guess the 50cc or 70cc two stroke is s**t to modify as the 125cc four stroke.

All to modify is waste of my money! I have put all of it back to standard and ride it, if you want performance get 125cc four strokes, are easy to live with it!

I can see the needle screw number 86 to 90 and the performance air filter, it seems too much air and fuel too rich for a tiny little piston.

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  8. Suzukistreetmagic1

Hi mate I own and ride a Yamaha r1 but you keep cost down I want this back on the road I think the head gasket is gone as it’s sitting over half way on the digital clocks

9. FV43576

FV43576 Member

The piston it looks poor and bad wear on the side I am assure it is piston ring worn as well, have you test compression? As I asked, the compression range the person has told me is from 90PSI.
    The wear it looks due lack of oil stroke mixture with petrol.

10. Suzukistreetmagic1

Hi mate are we taking about my aerox or your bike confused

11. Suzukistreetmagic1

I haven’t tested compression I need to buy a kit

12. Suzukistreetmagic1

It’s so strange my bike I put it away working
    If it’s head gasket could that course to shut off at top speed like video above

13. Suzukistreetmagic1

This is nuts wtf is it doing that for ⚡️

14. FV43576

FV43576 Member

Sorry, I did not see your video, it sounds like too much air mixture with lack of fuel ratio. 70cc is 10.5% more volume than 50cc is not much difference as you mind think, it must be frustrating for you, I am not really sure what it is? It could be the CDI, or it is the needle screw too big or too small, air filter is the performance take too much air? Would the standard air filter works better? Do you need a big carb? too much to test it on ride it is like a F1 spend hours to tweak to get a better performance.

If it doesn't make any difference, you shall have put it back to standard start again, test CDI first, try the performance exhaust & test it if is fine next stage, refit big needle screw if is work fine, try fit performance air filter test it if it does not work it is limiting you can't get any more power it is end of it. (I have been through this s**t before, I wish I could have bought 125cc four strokes in the first place!

Why you need 55 to 60mph out of 70cc is not road legal? Police mind stop you for being too fast on 50cc (I have been stop twice by rozzer when I was in college of doing 45mph on single carriageway and received fixed of six points. You can buy 125cc with four strokes for round £900, it can do 70 to 80mph better on rev than the two strokes, but I can understand you have spent all to modify.

I can't furthermore help about this is difficult to explain. Sorry.

15. Suzukistreetmagic1

Nice one for the reply in the nicest way F*** The old bill I ain’t got time to worry about them mate small fry I don’t have cbt I have a full bike license and also own a bigger bike you may think why have scooter because the aerox is one of those things like a Vauxhall nova if you had one from 1.21.3 sr 1.4 Sri .16gsi who wants to ride around on some beat down 50cc everybody is different I respect you reply mate but you maybe haven’t read it’s properly
    THE BIKE WAS SET UP LAST YEAR NO PROBLEMS at all untill now 15 months in lock up all clean carb etc etc took to mot and bang this problem I could be the only in the uk that’s had this I did think tho that some one could say you know what I had that problem it was XYZ EXAMPLE OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT WAY IVE ORDER A COMPRESSION TESTER LETS SEE WHAT it’s reading

16. Suzukistreetmagic1

Ps I know about bikes but this one beats me the Symptoms if you completely stop starting it would not start then I would say pistons had it but it starts after cool down

17. Suzukistreetmagic1

Ps thank you for your time

18. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

When you parked it up, did you empty the tank and carb of fuel completely?
    The one thing I have found with 2 strokes after being parked up a long time, is the pistons rings get stuck as the 2 stroke oil starts to go sticky like glue between them and the piston.
    Most scooters will rev to the max on the stand, but on the road it will rev to a different level, so my guess is that you are maxing out the cdi rev limit, even though it may be an unrestricted type.

19. Suzukistreetmagic1

Hi mate no I didn’t empty the fuel I left it in there I don’t premix btw
    The cdi is a Ped parts D restricted D restricted version
    When I took to mot it’s was 3 miles I took it way as it’s hadn’t been rid in a long time then after mot I gave it some beans say 1.7 mile and then got fuel I’m when I got on a6 I had at around 55 and that’s when it went tbf I’ve had a piston go on me before and whooosh sound between my feet I fort you bitch but then it’ started and I was like are okey then took off then time go worse not I’ve 50 yards and then again not even 70 yards I’m waiting on a spark plug tester from Ricky at Ped parts as he said sounds like you blown a piston rings maybe one but Hints why it’s runs on the spot soon as you give it gas the thing switch’s off once I’ve got the tool testers in case it’s coil I’ll then remove the piston kit like I said before I spent a lot of time and effort and she was perfect and happy to sit at 55 plus but I always took it easy but it’s nice to have that power as well

20. Suzukistreetmagic1

Ps from petrol station on was around 4 miles and
    Then it went wrong ...I think I know what’s happen like you stated above it was sat with maybe old shit inside the engine . All of a sudden I take it out and maybe did it no good sitting there and damage the piston I’ve never had a bike run with one piston ring
    And start Like that video link above
    Only had a piston go and that’s it wouldn’t kick start and the. Would kick but would not run