2009 Yamaha Aerox Need Tuning Help Please!

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Paul1574, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Paul1574

Paul1574 Member

Got a 2009 Yamaha Aerox as a project and had to completely rebuild the engine. Fitted an Airsal full circle crank shaft, 70cc Airsal Kit, Tecnigas Q-Tre exhaust, 17.5mm Carb with 90 jet, 5 gram rollers, 30% spring (not sure if thats correct for what I'm running), Uprated crankshaft bearings, Lighter Clutch, Vented performance clutch bell, Double layer Polini air filter, Kevlar belt, new reed valves, New fuel filter.

It feels like it is lacking power from watching videos where people have the same cylinder kit but not full circle crank they seem to have better acceleration. I'm going a bit easy on it because I gotta heat cycle the engine so im not going over 35 and im accelerating slower but when i do try it seems to have nothing. Also if im at about 20mph and accelerate it takes years to get to 30.

If anyone knows anything that could help please reply.

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  2. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

I’ll help you as everybody is sleeping and can’t be bothered and they can come
    At me if they
    Like I don’t care

those rollers Are to heavy chap stick 4.0 gram see how it’s goes or try 3.0
    Gram rollers then let me know ignore
    What you see as every bike is different buddy

3. Suzukistreetmagic1

Also run stock airbox with snorkel removed
    90 jet is okey you wanna be higher then come down I run 92 but I’m
    On manual choke but I just found my piston fucked even tho it was still starting but at 50+ would just cut out so I’m
    Rebuilding mine new crank bearing and kit again

4. Paul1574

Paul1574 Member

cheers got it all done now as that was an old post got a 21mm polini carb on now and fixed the transmission and now it’s rapid thanks for the reply though

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  5. Suzukistreetmagic1

Cracking stuff wines me up when no one helps mate