Areox 50cc running very poorly

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Fonebat, May 14, 2020.

1. Fonebat

Fonebat New Member

Hi! Have a bit of an issue, about a week ago i tried to start my scooter it started fine. But as soon as i cranked the throttle it bogged down and died. I tried to start it again but it struggled to keep running and after playing with the throttle for around 30 seconds it magically started to run fine. So i thought that i might need to clean the carb, but i chose to ignore it for now as the bike ran fine when i drove home.

But two days after that i had the exact same issue, but after playing with the throttle so that the bike would idle semi-okay it felt really under powered. So i chose to clean the carb and replace the fuel filter, did that and for the first 2 minutes of riding the bike again it ran as it should. But after that it felt under powered again, so out of paranoia i cleaned the carb again... Surprise, no change.

So i was wondering what i should do to fix this, i recently replaced the air filter and am now wondering if i put to much oil in it? Not sure if that is a possibility but i really don't have a clue.

Many thanks for any possible help!

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Try a new spark plug.

3. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Depends how it "bogs and dies" also why would u oil your filter, you should only oil open filters never the sponge in the airbox. Clean it put fresh one i think u have too little air going in.

4. Fonebat

Fonebat New Member

Oops, alright. I'll clean off the filter and try to see if that fixes it.
    I also changed the plug while replacing the air filter so i don't think that's the culpurate.