Aprilia sr50r custom wiring

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Kossur, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Kossur

Kossur New Member

Hey!

New to this forum. After being away from scooters for almost 15 years i am back with my scooter tuning hobby [​IMG] I noticed that my country local scooter forum is almost dead so i will hope to find some answers to my question over here.

I have few projects in my garage waiting to be taken care of. One of them (aprilia sr50r) has "custom" wiring from previous owner because of the inner rotor ignition. So there is no voltage regulator or relays left from original wiring. Electric system is the subject i am the least comfort with so i would better ask here.

Scooter engine works just fine, just need some lights to work for it be "road" legal [​IMG] Not my daily driver and i am aware that inner rotor won't charge battery

Problem is with lighting. I ordered stage6 ssp switch unit. Does that switch unit need relay or something for the original headlights to work properly straight from battery?

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Hello Kossur and welcome to the forum! :) Yes, you need to get a relay to provide power to the solenoid so the headlights work correctly.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

How many Watts is the headlight?

4. Kossur

Kossur New Member

35W?

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah best to run a relay or you will burn out the switches I think.

6. Kossur

Kossur New Member

Thank you for replys.
    I have managed to get everything work with inner rotor ignition except... now there is weird lights issue

NB! Original wires coming from original ignition are cut.

NOW there is issue when i connect headlights- the brake lights will not work. When i disconnect headlights - brakelights work.
    What could be the issue? How i need to connect these wires in order for headlights and brake lights work both?

These are the wires that are cut what originally go ignition and go to voltage regulator.
    When i take power from battery and connect it to yellow wire then headlights work but brakes doesnt. When they are disconnected then brake lights work properly. So these are power wires coming from ignition that have power when engine is running.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  7. Tilps666

Tilps666 Member

Rides:
    Derbi Senda

a ma polegi ainuke eestlane siin ? :D

8. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

come again? :confused:

9. Tilps666

Tilps666 Member

Rides:
    Derbi Senda
    if he is talking about a dead scooter community then he is probably from estonia, ive seen him around in the estonian forum also, so i asked him in estonian :D

milo2025 likes this.