Help

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Nigeleng1967, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Nigeleng1967

Nigeleng1967 New Member

I have a vivacity 50cc silver sport 54 plate I am trying to find a exhaust for bike but I have been asked if it's a 2t what is 2t

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I thought they were 4t?
    The T means takt in Norwegian and I think German. Not sure why you Brits use it.

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Look under your seat,if you see a separate screw cap that says OIL it's a 2 stroke.
    Good reference material for you - Haynes manual #3920 Peugeot (1996-2008).

5. milo2025

Yeah on 2nd thoughts it might actually be 4t but as Mr T says the separate oil cap is a dead giveaway.

6. milo2025

You learn something new everyday. I always wondered what the T meant but never bothered finding out. In Chinese 2t means ting ting and 4t means thump thump, I read on some forum ages ago. But when I mentioned this to the Chinese chef in a local takeaway who loves his scooters as much as his meat cleavers, he looked at me blankly and walked off. He was holding a meat cleaver at the time so I didn't bother pursuing the conversation. Very rude man I thought, but in my experience a lot of chefs are wherever they come from.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    T means Tempo in Italian, the beat of the engine. Has the scoot got a dipstick next to the flywheel cowling ?

Rickard Pingol likes this.