Honda 50cc Camino vs Novio

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by FV43576, Mar 16, 2020.

1. FV43576

FV43576 Member

Hello everyone, I am look to buy a classic Honda 50cc pre 1980 for a fun go to work up to 8 miles per day. I have a car license and I am not well know all about 2 wheels engine, Can someone tell me which is better? Novio is a 4 stroke engine with 1.2bhp top speed of 31mph and the Camino is 2 stroke I am not sure what is the bhp? and the top speed?
    Can I pedal the scooter for a example if it break down?

The dealer who sell the 4 stroke Novio he said that the automatic it works great with 2 stroke because of high rev than the 4 stroke with automatic but the four stroke is easy to live everyday.

I am not sure which should I go for 2 or 4 stroke? which is more economy and less maintenance, the top speed is not a important to me.

Regards
    Fab.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Would say the 4stroke would get better economy though has more parts than a 2 stroke to fix.
    Both have different engine characteristics so choice would be what you prefer haven ridden both.
    You would be able to pedal for a reasonable distance/though hills or gradients(slopes) might be an issue.
    See as how your aiming for a older more classic 'ped - choice might be decided by checking on availability of spares maybe.

FV43576 likes this.
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I would go with a Camino. Much easier to get parts for.
    Also I would not want to pedal one anywhere. The pedals are for starting. If you pedal it, you are turning the whole engine over....

4. FV43576

FV43576 Member

Thanks I have make up my mind & go for Camino.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Seem to remember mopeds back in my day having a disconnect or engage drive(motor) feature ;.

FV43576 and scubabiker like this.
  6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Some do. Puch models do. But the Camino doesn't.

FV43576 likes this.