Problem starting venice 50cc ltx scooter

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by iambadmechanic, Mar 17, 2020.

1. iambadmechanic

iambadmechanic New Member

Hey, I just bought a scooter and when I got it it wouldn't run person I bought it from said it was probably a problem with the carburetor so I replaced the carb but it wont run unless I spray starter fluid, then it will start but wont idle and dies right after. I checked the gas lines and know the carburetor is being fed gas but don't really know where to proceed from here. What would the issue be? Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Carb might need jetting correctly. Have you tried rejetting it? There should be a link on here somewhere about doing just that. I'll see if I can find it after my nightshift.

UPDATE: Look under general tuning and there's a link all about jetting etc.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You need to adjust the mixture screw. The 4t scooters are set to run really lean from the factory.

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Valve clearance if it's a 4t.

5. iambadmechanic

Ok I'll try that out thanks!

6. iambadmechanic

What valves? Sorry I really don't have any idea about scooter mechanics and know the most basic car stuff.

7. iambadmechanic

I'll try that out thank you!

8. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Maybe try the other suggestions first cause I don't know a massive amount about scooter mechanics either.

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If you basic car stuff, then you'll know basic scooter engine stuff. There the same if it's a 4t or take it to a repair shop.