Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Aerox 2007 mount new brake pads , caliper off?

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Kent Sarnes, 22 May 2020
Kent Sarnes#1
I brought two sets of brake pads, noticed that the size of the two sets is different.
Front wheel easy to take off the caliper and put in new brake pads. The set I have left is different size , is wider, I don't known if it will fit at the back wheel.

Now, I cannot just remove the caliper screws and take out the caliper at the back. It sits 'inside" the wheel and touches the wheel when I try to unslide it from the disc . Do I need unscrew the entire wheel to do this?

If so, the exhaust seems to be very close to the wheel and it may need to be removed first?
scubabiker#2
This is why I hate Yamaha's..
You might get enough room by just removing the wheel bolts and not the pipe...
The exhaust head bolts will probably snap...
Kent Sarnes#3
This is why I hate Yamaha's..
You might get enough room by just removing the wheel bolts and not the pipe...
The exhaust head bolts will probably snap...
That did the trick thanks!
Damjan#4
You can remove the caliper with the rim on through the hole on the rim, its really tight but it gets through.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

no brake lights on piaggio nrg mc3 extreme lc???!!!??9 replies30 May 2020
Scooter Plastics..."Mock" Chrome5 replies25 May 2020
Shortening Front Brake Pipe4 replies23 May 2020
Help2 replies23 May 2020
help i broke it1 replies23 May 2020
Kerb weights: Gilera Runner, Aprilia SR 125, Piaggio Typhoon, Italjet Dragster ~ 2 STROKE ~11 replies22 May 2020
Wheel stripes2 replies22 May 2020
Break caliper2 replies20 May 2020
Engine dies while driving2 replies18 May 2020
poorly scooter did i kill it8 replies18 May 2020