no brake lights on piaggio nrg mc3 extreme lc???!!!??

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by hoojy, Feb 27, 2013.

1. hoojy

hoojy New Member

hi all have resorted to joining a forum after trying everything in my knowlege and being very reluctant to pay a garage for fixing something basically i have a 1999 piaggio nrg mc3 lc extreme and haave stripped it right back as it was bought for a tuning project before i stripped it all electrics worked fine including break lights but now nothing i have headlights and rear light but no break lights or indicators for some messed up reason any ideas would be more than apriciated i have fitted a new regulator rectifier as the flasher relay is build in but with no joy and have fitted two new brake switches with no joy im at a loss guys and starting to think about scrapping the whole thing

2. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

have you checked all the earth points each set of lights runs on its own circuit

3. hoojy

hoojy New Member

no i havnt where would be the earth points for the rear brake lights then as i have rear light and headlight just no brake light and indicators

4. huff_diggler

huff_diggler I'm ya daddy....

Rides:
    Z550 Dr600 Cz250
    Bulb?

5. hoojy

hoojy New Member

have tried new bulbs and am seriously at a loss have quite a bit of knowlege about bikes but this has stumped me well and truly

6. huff_diggler

huff_diggler I'm ya daddy....

Rides:
    Z550 Dr600 Cz250
    You can really only check connectors, if they are bullet connectors, they can sometimes cause trouble, stick a voltage meter at 12v (or 6v depending on what volt your scoot is) dc and check for voltage bulb-back, sorry if that sounds a bit like grandma sucking eggs.

7. hoojy

hoojy New Member

have fixed it now due to me removing the two stroke tank to use premix only as the engine is tuned to high level you need to join all the wires from the 2stroke tank sensor together to get the lights working -_- messed up but if it works i aint complaining cheers for all the advice tho guys and i didnt even have to put it in a garage to have my wallet torn apart

huff_diggler likes this.
  8. Starboyjaffa

Starboyjaffa New Member

Hi people I have a piaggio nrg mc3 air cooled 1999 my front and back and brake light anit working I checked the fuse and bulbs and wires still no luck could someone help me please

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Brake switches?

10. Starboyjaffa

Starboyjaffa New Member

I have checked them aswell