Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Advice on a run about with a bit of go

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by fearnie, 1 Aug 2018
fearnie#1
Hi All,

For the last few years I have been using a Vespa PX125 as a run about, easy to park and great for nipping through traffic. Anyway a few weeks ago it was stolen, I was going to get another, but they are very trendy now so even the ratty ones are expensive so I’m thinking about a different scooter.

Having looked at the forum I thought I might get a twist and go and would value some advice.

My thought was pick up something over the next few months and rebuild the motor over the winter. I’m not too worried about how it looks,

I’d like a 2 stroke that I can upgrade to be reasonably nippy, but this may be wrong thinking. I have a full license to it can be over 125 but will only use it around town so I need it to be small.

What would you recommend as a base, or should I be thinking of buying something that’s been sorted already?

I can do the work myself as I used to race 2 strokes so have rebuilt quite a few over the years.

Thanks in advance

Steve
MARSH#2
2 stroke scooters over 125cc were discontinued in 2003, Gilera runner, Piaggio typhoon, Honda panthion are all old with very few new spares available. Buy a new 4t scooter 300cc or above!

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Want to buy a Scooter 125CC11 replies1 Sep 2018
Honda Forza 300 - occasional long distance?14 replies17 Aug 2018
Yamaha aerox 100 worth anything ?0 replies12 Aug 2018
Honda nsc uprated clutch?0 replies11 Aug 2018
Gilera runner vx cutting out when riding1 replies10 Aug 2018
Aprilia Sr125 fork/ bearing problem.2 replies13 Jul 2018
Replacing rubber stopper and removing rusted screw8 replies29 Jun 2018
Headlight bulb securing clips0 replies15 Jun 2018
Carrying the shopping...7 replies14 Jun 2018
Help with stage 6 pro rep set up1 replies10 Jun 2018