Advice on a run about with a bit of go

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by fearnie, Aug 1, 2018.

1. fearnie

fearnie New Member

Hi All,

For the last few years I have been using a Vespa PX125 as a run about, easy to park and great for nipping through traffic. Anyway a few weeks ago it was stolen, I was going to get another, but they are very trendy now so even the ratty ones are expensive so I’m thinking about a different scooter.

Having looked at the forum I thought I might get a twist and go and would value some advice.

My thought was pick up something over the next few months and rebuild the motor over the winter. I’m not too worried about how it looks,

I’d like a 2 stroke that I can upgrade to be reasonably nippy, but this may be wrong thinking. I have a full license to it can be over 125 but will only use it around town so I need it to be small.

What would you recommend as a base, or should I be thinking of buying something that’s been sorted already?

I can do the work myself as I used to race 2 strokes so have rebuilt quite a few over the years.

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    2 stroke scooters over 125cc were discontinued in 2003, Gilera runner, Piaggio typhoon, Honda panthion are all old with very few new spares available. Buy a new 4t scooter 300cc or above!