Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Yamaha neos 04 dc ignition

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by MorrisNilzén, 14 Jan 2017
MorrisNilzén#1
Hello!
I have bought a stripped Yamaha neos(ie only frame and engine), 04 I think. The engine is in good condition and complete except the electrical system. The only things i got with it was the ignition coil and a dc cdi (5BM 01). From the stator comes two wires and from the pickup two. I want to build up the ignition so that the bike starts, I dont want headlight etc..
Now to my questions! What do I need? Battery? Regulator? and the order in which everything should be paired? Can i skip the battery in a dc ignition system and just have a regulator between the stator and the cdi?
Thanks! and sorry for my bad english
Tamiyacowboy#2
dc cdi usually requires a 12v dc power supply ( its usually the battery that provides this ) without a battery you may find it hard to start the scooter.

stator feeds a AC supply so your not able to power the cdi from the stator without a regulator/recifier

battery can also charge the coil but its unusual and its normaly charged via the stator.
MorrisNilzén#3
dc cdi usually requires a 12v dc power supply ( its usually the battery that provides this ) without a battery you may find it hard to start the scooter.

stator feeds a AC supply so your not able to power the cdi from the stator without a regulator/recifier

battery can also charge the coil but its unusual and its normaly charged via the stator.
Yeah when I said coil I meant stator haha :p

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Recalibrate oil flow after upjet?2 replies26 Feb 2017
Gilera Runner 180 engine noise??1 replies12 Feb 2017
PIAGGIO ZIP SP - STAGE 6 PRO REPLICA Pipe setup?!!6 replies23 Jan 2017
Dna50 water pump removal advice7 replies21 Jan 2017
2014 Aprilia Sr 50 r tuning?11 replies15 Jan 2017
Need advice/Help1 replies11 Jan 2017
Scooter CDI21 replies20 Nov 2016
70cc aerox need help3 replies13 Nov 2016
Piaggio Zip clock modification2 replies13 Nov 2016
Engine rebuld2 replies16 Oct 2016