70cc aerox need help

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Jack33, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Jack33

Jack33 New Member

Hi guys i need some help with my 2004 aerox it has fitted
    MotoForce 70cc
    Gianelli exhausted
    NARAKU veriator
    MALOSSI 5.4 rollers
    K&n air filter
    Alos had a new clutch and starter

The problem i have is that it accelerates to about 20mph then the reving slows and it doesn't really whant to go faster i was told i need a bigger card (geting a tnt 21mm and unrestricted inlet with a 120 jet) i was told that by the mechanic that fit it all i was just wondering what people's experience is and if this is correct and what i should do?.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Hello jack and welcome to the forums.

Normaly with a upgrade capacity kit (big bore) the guys would swap out the stock carb for a bigger carb. it means more fuel can be delivered to the larger cylinder and you get more bang.
    A stock carb can be anything from 12mm to 15mm , it tends to be more so the 12mm carbs fitted so they are delivering not so much fuel. this if fitted to a 70cc barrel can show its head as a lack of power as your just not getting enough fuel and air to burn in that larger cubic inch you gained from fitting the bore kit.

Is it possible your stock carb is not enough for the new setup : YES
    would replacing it with a bigger carb help : very possible it will make a huge change and make the scooter burst into life.
    120 main jet does sound a bit big, BUT its best to start high in jets and then come down in sizes to find the best one so your mechanic is on the right track ;)

3. Jack33

Jack33 New Member

Thanks for the help

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    wooooooooah, slow down, the rollers are way to heavy, your in too high of a gear by the time the clutch stops doing what it does, and your revs are held back by the ENGINE....

drop the roller weight, as for the mechanic, he may well be mclaren skilled, the motherfucker dont know jack about scooters, tunning a ped isnt bolting bits together, its fine tuning of auto transmission and seriously precise jetting as your LITERALLY sat at a single rpm constantly.

as you throttle, the rollers are flung out through centrifuge, as they get wider/further fron the centre, they push the backplate of the variator away from the body of the variator. it basicly swells sideways the faster you spin it. the wider it is, the further up the ramp the belt will be, so the higher ratio between the variator and the clutch (your "gears") too much roller weight and it swells too soon, ever tried riding a pushbike in too high a gear? cant pedal fast? nor can your engine.... too much force required.

aeroxs are usually happy half a gram ether side of 4g... so 3.5/4.5... 120 jet? no..... leave the stock airbox on, upjet SLIGHTLY (as in 5-10% at MOST)happy riding. i have a stock typh 50 with literally a 30 quid polish 70 kit, a leo vince zx pipe and a gearup and its rapid enough for dual carridgeways/70ish true speed. dont belive the filterhype LOL more fuss than its worth, and itl never ride as nice. filters are for full throttle only bikes