Piaggio Zip clock modification

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by bmunro21, Oct 30, 2016.

1. bmunro21

bmunro21 Member

Hi guys, on gumtree and a couple other forums I've seem zips with new shape nrg clocks on (Sino's zips on here) I was wondering what i would need to do this to mine? Obviously I would need the nrg front and rear handle bar panel and clocks but will it fit on to the zip bars or I will I need nrg bars? Also what would I do about a headlight. Please see picture attached

Many thanks
    upload_2016-10-30_18-21-51.png

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Heya fella

this ones a mine field not documented much so its more a try and see mod. would say you may also need the Nrg bars so you have the mounting points. as for headlamp could the NRG front fender be modded to fit the zips mounting points ( im to to uptodate with zips and NRG's )

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the reason these are usually fitted to zips is to swap to vx forks, a TOTAL waste of a zip, usually the person doing this kind of conversion isnt at akll interested in lights, or mot, or insurance, or a licence. fitting these type bars on these type forks is a BODGE, fitting these bars to the standard forks is a BODGE, fitting a zip sp MK1 front gives you the correct mount for typh/nrg/runner bars... then a MK1 zip sp front panel has your lights fitted, the frame is mainly the same, you can kinda chop and change between any of the zxp pannels between mk1 and mk2 provuiding you use a full set...if your changing a mk1 to a mk2 or vice versa tho you WILL have to cut alot of the frame plates off the front as there not the same/get in the way, if the old zip sprinter unfinnished project is still on the board you can see a few pics of mk1 and mk2 frames side bty side, and also whats been cut off a mk2 to fit mk1 pans

long story short, if you really really want these bars/clocks, buy a runner/nrg and there fitted standard, or can be bolted onto any nrg/runner if you have the correct surround plastic, the bars are identical, the typh bars are NOT the same, these are fitted to the zip mk1. in my opinion, the zip bars are nice, if you want to change them the typh bars are the most comfy, altho the zip has tall bars and a LOW mount so putting any othwer bars on will drop the bar possition by a good inch minimum, not a good look.