PIAGGIO ZIP SP - STAGE 6 PRO REPLICA Pipe setup?!!

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by davem90, Jan 2, 2017.

1. davem90

davem90 New Member

Hey guys got a stage6 pro rep pipe as a replacement for my old standard pipe as its nackerd!

bike is completely standard at the min and was wondering if any of you out there have had the Pro Rep setup and running on standard 2 stroke liquid cooled zip, what do i need to get this pipe running right?

the pipe is already derestricted.

2. andythebuilder

andythebuilder New Member

hi Dave,
    i would fit 5 - 5.5 gram rollers, take out restriction ring in the variator, remove the restrictor snorkel in the airbox, and then re jet to a 72 main, ps dont remove the brass ring with holes in that sits in the 17.5 mm dellorto carb, it's not a restrictor and it is there to aid swirl and mix the auto lube oil mix into the fuel and air mix.
    Cheers Andy.

3. davem90

davem90 New Member

hi andy thanks for the reply, what about clutch and contra springs would these need to be changed at all from standard? also im in the process of buying parts to make the zip a 70cc in the near future parts i got so far are as follows.

STAGE 6 TORQUE CONTROL CLUTCH
    STAGE 6 BLACK MEDIUM CONTRA SPRING
    STAGE 6 RT CNC CLUTCH BELL
    STAGE 6 SPORT PRO VARIATOR- 6.25g ROLLERS
    STAGE 6 BELT
    and also the STAGE 6 PRO REPLICA EXHAUST

kit and crank as well as other things will be coming along at some point when i have more funds, but would any of there help set up the PRO REP PIPE at all?

4. andythebuilder

hi buddy, the original piaggio clutch and bell is fine just add some white or red springs so save your money, the contra spring should stay stock until you change the jug the variator will also show no improvement over original until the kit is fitted so save your money, roller weights i have already posted about unless your a fat lard arse in which case go even lighter, if your going to go with a road mid tune kit as your pipe choice suggests then the original crank is also fine, EVERTHING in that list will NOT give you any more power, fitting a pipe and 19mm carb will give you a bit more zip. my list would be malossi 70 cast kit, sport pro rep pipe, 19mm carb, new dayco belt, malossi red air filter (de restricted as previously posted) , malossi primary gear up kit and rollers to suit in piaggio variator.
    this set up will be as reliable as stock and give you a true 55 - 60 up hill down dale all day long.
    cheers Andy

5. davem90

davem90 New Member

hi andy cheers for your reply's
    what to you think of the stage 6 sport pro MKII 70cc kit? as i was thinking of getting this one and building the bike from there,
    the stage 6 parts i listed are parts ive already got for when i can afford to 70 the zip!

6. andythebuilder

if your fitting the sport pro mk 11 then ditch the pro rep pipe fit a yasuni c16 then fukin hold on tight !!!
    cheers Andy.

7. JakeMan1

JakeMan1 Member

Andy, is it the yasuni Careera c16 pipe your suggesting?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk