Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Scooter bogs at startup

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by Marcus77, 11 Jan 2019
Marcus77#1
Hello thank you again for let me join your site have a project scooter that I put together from a junkyard it was running fine everything was going good I upgraded it to the big bore 100cc!! But for some reason now when I started up it starts up backfires and then just bogs down right away I can’t get it to stay started for more than five seconds no matter if I put the Excelerator for five times before I started trying to hold it for throttle when I started it just bogged down right away any tips or help would be much appreciated
scubabiker#2
Sounds like your carb is not the right one for the motor.
Or your out of fuel... (we have all done it!)
Marcus77#3
Actually I just filled the tank up so there’s plenty of gas I don’t know the kind a carburetor I would need it it was a 50 mL scooter I just upgraded to the big bore kit hundred cc that’s it
scubabiker#4
You will need to run more fuel, richer. As the bigger cylinder needs more fuel.
Also try a new spark plug, it can be as simple as that.
Marcus77#5
Can I ask how do I run more fuel? Do I get bigger jets? How do I make it richer?
scubabiker#6
Yeah bigger jets

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Aerox 50 2015 no power stage 6 exhaust6 replies27 Apr 2019
how long?27 replies6 Apr 2019
Piaggio zip Malossi mar 86 cc8 replies14 Mar 2019
Aprilia sr50 ditech tuning21 replies16 Jan 2019
49cc neck one r tuning ideas please4 replies13 Jan 2019
Honda Vision NSC 50 MUST GO FASTER!!!6 replies4 Jan 2019
Belt drive for 03 piaggio typhoon 50cc1 replies3 Jan 2019
Carburettor tuning1 replies20 Dec 2018
Mbk booster6 replies9 Dec 2018
Stage 62 replies1 Dec 2018