Mbk booster

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Bigscoot, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Bigscoot

Bigscoot New Member

hi guys
    I have an mbk booster with 70cc kit, race variator, race clutch, 5gram rollers, race coil, race cdi, 17.5 carb with 90 jet and new plug. The only thing at the moment I don’t have is a raceexhaust.
    For some reason the top speed is only about 40mph
    Any have any experience of tuning the minerelli verticals engines?
    Is this speed all I should expect?
    Also main jet is 90 which in some manuals says that the stock size is 93? This sounds high to me? But not sure if I should be upsetting to over 100?
    Sorry for the essay
    Any replies would be awesome!

Thanks

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

If Your using the standard exhaust? Could it still be restricted you should see way over 40mph

To give you an idea of the speeds Iv just finished a 70cc race piaggio engine I have seen 75mph on the speedo

3. Bigscoot

Bigscoot New Member

Wow that’s crazy. It is standard exhaust but doesn’t have the restrictor In the pipe. I’m confused as to why it’s still so slow

4. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

It could still be that exhaust, that’ll be very restrictive on 70cc

I’d get a nice sport pipe only around £100

What 70cc kit is it ?

5. Bigscoot

Bigscoot New Member

The 70 kit is one from Poland not sure of th make it did have a Naraku kit on and was just the same with that. Maybe th exhaust does need changing I just can’t imagine it making so much difference

6. Jetsteve

Jetsteve New Member

I’ve got a 2000 Zuma with the vertical Minarelli. I believe they’re same thing different name. I got 37-43 and averaged 40mph all day long. Sounds like something isn’t tuned correctly.

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The exhaust is the biggest restrictor in any 2t low cc motor.
    Change it.