Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Beeline veloce gt50 wont start

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Poxyped, 21 Jul 2019
Poxyped#1
Hi all my son has a beeline veloce gt50 11 plate. I did a engine rebuild on it and it was running sweet for month and then started to take ages to start from cold then wouldn't start. I've now fitted new carb. Spark Plug. Coil. Cdi but still wont start. Could it be stator?? It has spark but I wouldn't say it's great.
Please help before I smash it up!!!
Stevep#2
Have you done a compression test?
I know you say you've done a rebuild on it, but just to rule it out, compression test.
I've had pistons fail in short time before.
Poxyped#3
Have you done a compression test?
I know you say you've done a rebuild on it, but just to rule it out, compression test.
I've had pistons fail in short time before.
Cheers
I've ordered new piston kit just incase.
Poxyped#4
Today fitted new piston and rings but still not starting.
I'm now thinking stator and flywheel it has a spark when put against frame but could it be to weak??
Stevep#5
No necssarily, the thing you need to see is if the plug is getting wet with fuel.
Short 5 second bursts on the starter, 4 or 5 should drag enough fuel through to wet the plug...... if there is any fuel getting through that is.
Make sure the battery is fully charged beforehand.
If the plug stays dry then you have a fuelling issue that could be down to the tap, fuel filter, auto choke connection, reeds or gaskets.
It's a rule it out game unfortunately.
Chamging parts out willy nilly may solve the problem eventually but could be an un-necessary spend.
Poxyped#6
I will check it again today as I'm sure the plug stays dry..

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Trying to remember make/model of an old scooter4 replies29 Jul 2019
125cc Moped Won't Start No Spark10 replies27 Jul 2019
Rubber/Plastic smoke coming from exhaust! A lot of smoke2 replies26 Jul 2019
03 peugeot jetforce 1252 replies24 Jul 2019
Insurance gone crazy4 replies24 Jul 2019
Piaggio typhoon 1997 servicemanual or exploded view1 replies21 Jul 2019
What would you do?2 replies19 Jul 2019
Sym Jet 50 Euro X (HELP)2 replies19 Jul 2019
Too much Fuel System Cleaner Won't Start3 replies17 Jul 2019
Moped Wheel Nut Seized How Get Off10 replies16 Jul 2019