What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Jul 19, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

ive had my 2001 aprilia mojito Javan custom 50 and it’s been not working as much as it has been working inaft more. It working now as I haven’t fixed it for the third time!

I’ve taken it to two different mechanics who both fixed it only not to work after a few days!

Can’t a garage just fix it and it not break down after two days and work for months or years until it stops again?

What should I do?

I don’t want to sel it as I just got it but I cba dealing with this shit if it keeps not working.

What shall I say tk the mechanic who fixed it last only for it to stop working again after three days as I don’t want him to say bring it back down as that’s going to cost £40 to get it there through scooter delivery and he will probably changer at least another £40 plus extra as now there’s two parts on the kick starter that is broken?

I don’t want to say to him I don’t want to pay you again as you just fixed it as that sounds rude so what do I say?

How can a mechanic fix something and expect someone to pay for it to be fixed again after three days?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    What's it doing or not doing? The kickstart is emergency start only, alway's use electric start.

3. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I see! Yeh I’ve heard that before and believe me I tried and tried the electric start and actually broke the Kickstarter gears trying too many times! As I wanted to see whether it was just the electric start causing it not to run.

It just sounds like it Le trying to start but doesn’t.

I’ve had the auto choke changed and I don’t know what the last mechanic did but he fixed it quickly and I know it’s a minor issue.

I’m happy to disassemble the entire rear in order to get access to the engine but then I don’t know what to test!

I don’t want to keep paying every time it stops working and I can’t ask the mechanic to fix it for free or give me my money back so I’m at a loss of what to do?