Aerox. Ran out of fuel Now bogs

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ryan92, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Ryan92

Ryan92 New Member

Okay, so I know my fair share about peds, but I'm looking to buy this ped off some kid, he ran out of fuel, dry!

It now bogs, would this be due to dragging all the sh*t through into the carb?!

I know this has happened to others, but would this be the issue of it bogging.

I hate the fact he's done this as it makes me cringe like hell!

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    check the oil bottle to if he ran outta gas could he have been lax on the oil side to ?.

9-10 times bogging after a dry tank is crap been drawn through the filtering and into the main/pilot jetting. not the larger clumps up the fine shit that sits in the bottom its like fine but enough to get past the filter and start to choke up the jetting and jetting ports.

usual port of call, dump the float bowl off and check the state of it as its gonna be dry, that will give you an idea of the crap thats been sucked in, then its a case of compressed air in a can and a fine strand of copper wire to ream the jetting out and the air to blow the jetting ports clean. then i would fill tank a bit and kick the bike without igniton , idea is to prime the carb up with fresh fuel and draw any crap in the pipe out, then drain the float bowl via the drain screw and only then reprime the scoot and go for a start and idle up running