Speedfight 4 need help

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Finn Hall, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Finn Hall

Finn Hall New Member

Hey i have a speedfight 4 iceblade and i need to deristrict it this is my first ever bike so dont know what to do any help?

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    variator is restricted via a back plate on the variator itself, its better to upgrade to a mallosi/polini variator as these are not restricted

if your twostroke you will want to install a sports pipe and have your carb re-jetted to suit it

then the last part is the CDI its sometimes rpm restricted so it only allows the engine to rev to a certain speed then the cdi adjusts the timing so it wont go no higher, 9-10 times its a dealership visit to get them to derestrict the cdi correctly ( either cutting into the cdi or using a gameboy termnial to reprogram it )

once the above there areas have been seen to your should see a top speed around 45mph maybe a little more, DO NOT be expecting 60mph or even 50mph do not get your hopes up, its a small engine and to get bigger power means a bigger payout from the wallet and a lot of work.

3. Finn Hall

Finn Hall New Member

Rather just sell it and get a 125 now but thanks

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    no worrys Finn

aye thats what most folks do now, grab a 50cc get some road riding under the belt then upgrade when age allows them to , i only just sold my Pedro (50cc sym jet ) upgraded to a piaggio skipper 125 fourstroke and its bloody lovely