typhoon 125r oil change troubles

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by 125xrowner, Aug 8, 2017.

1. 125xrowner

125xrowner New Member

i as you probably see from my name am the owner of a 125xr that i just got out of the garage after 17 years of sitting i want to do an oil change but cannot locate the oil drain plug ...help

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It's a 2 stroke, there is no oil to change, only the gearbox but that will be ok. You could possibly drain the 2t oil tank but that's it.

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    +1 on this

being two stroke it does not have an oil drain plug , it takes oil from an oil res usually hidden under the seat area and feeds this down to a oil pump unit that delivers a metered does as the crank spins.

what is said above goes, drain the oil res tank and flush it with a tiny bit of petrol , leave it to air out with the cap off. replace the old oil feed tubing thats gonna be gunked up with old oil thats been sitting a long time, then you need to flush the oil pump unit and bleed it when you add the new oil to the oil res tank. from there on its just a case of checking that oil res tank every few days and topping it up with a good branded name two stroke mixing oil .

gearbox oil could be ok but if your doing the main twostroke oil res may as well give the gearbox new fresh gearbox oil to it will be like a mini service for the scoot

MARSH likes this.
  4. 125xrowner

125xrowner New Member

thanks I'm new to scooters literally bought it used it once then forgot it in garage for 17 years thank you for advice

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Being such an old scooter with parts discontinued you'd be better off selling it to me !!;)