Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Typhoon 50 electrical problem

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Lovvi, 24 Mar 2017
Lovvi#1
Hello,

so the problem is I had no charging, only had taillight. I changed the voltage regulator and now I have charging about 13.5v, when reving it's 14v, so this is okay. I have headlight and I have taillight. But I don't have turn signals, there is no starter or brake light? Does anyone has had similar problem or the second hand voltage regulator is also dead? The problem occured overnight. 4 days ago I had turn signals etc. What to look for?
I also changed the fuse and put on a new battery. Can starter relay somehow affect these things?
Stevep#2
Check your engine earth.
What work have you done to it in the last 4 days before the indicators stopped working?
Lovvi#3
Never mind, plugged in oil level sensor and all works great again.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Needs help is it my bearings or axel1 replies1 Apr 2017
Help!! Unable to obtain a logbook15 replies1 Apr 2017
Help! Aerox fairing9 replies29 Mar 2017
Piaggio Fly50 2t issues5 replies29 Mar 2017
Changing the drive belt1 replies25 Mar 2017
New 2017 Piaggio Zip 50cc 2T6 replies22 Mar 2017
Aprilia Sr50r 20170 replies21 Mar 2017
Weird request but I'm running out of ideas....2 replies19 Mar 2017
125 cc scooters to consider (similar to x-city / beverly)7 replies19 Mar 2017
Which Scooter to buy to commute to Central London?26 replies18 Mar 2017