Help! Aerox fairing

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Skripez, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Skripez

Skripez New Member

Hi.
    I recently broke my friends exhaust heat shield on his Yamaha Aerox 2015/2014. I can't seem to find this fairing anywhere on the web so I wonder if someone here got some information.

I'm looking for the long heatshield that covers the entire side of the exhaust. Skärmklipp.PNG

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you can find it here on AJ sutton website but just a warning its near on £50 to replace .

your buddy would be better off adding an aftermarket exhaust and you make a small contribution to the cost would be more cheaper option.
    a new exhaust for his aerox starts around £93 and will give him more power to and a bit higher top speed, lets say you bung him £25 quid , thats only £68 quid he is paying for a new exhaust ;)

heres a link to the part you require its number 9 : https://www.ajsutton.co.uk/genuineparts/20734/8/yamaha-ns50-aerox-r-2014/exhaust?uID=0

3. Skripez

Skripez New Member

Thanks! The thing is that I ran into him with my scooter hehe. So he wont be paying anythnig. Im gonna see if i can repair it by myself. Thanks for the quick answer!

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    No problems Skripez and welcome to the scooter shack, your one stop shop for everything, from deresticting to problem solving bikes that dont wanna work.

ah so you tail tapped him lol , maybe just grab a cheapy chrome like one . they dont really do anything just stuck on for looks . and lets be honest a black cover aint that nice looking however what way its moulded, but something shiney aint to bad you can use it as a man mirror hahahaha

5. Skripez

Skripez New Member

Yeah I ran into him while looking at a taxi almost running into me... Do you know where i can get a cheaper one that fits? Doesnt matter what colour. Thanks!

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Pedparts - Ad-renalin pedstop ( remove the -) - euroscooter parts - ebay

just measure the bolt hole mounting spacing so you dont screw up twice lol ....... hey if you said i was to busy eye'ing up this hot chick i would have said shizzle happens but when you mentioned taxi i kinda laughed a bit lol . your looking for a shield to fit the NS50 R not the YQ50 aerox ;)

Ride safe and gear up

7. Skripez

Skripez New Member

haha thanks for the tip! Yeah kinda embarresing hitting him right outside my school too... Atleast i kow the guy I hit..

8. Skripez

Skripez New Member

So a shield for the YQ50 basically wont fit on the NS50R?
    If you know where to get one that fits. Please link it!
    Thanks!

9. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

I think the main problem is that the scooter is too new yet for s/hand parts to be available.
    If you can't straighten it yourself then £50 doesn't sound too bad to me if you compare it to an insurance claim?

10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    i couldnt say Skripez , if any of the guys have a YQ50 heat shield im sure they would not mind just measuring the mounting holes for you .
    lets just see if an aerox owner can shed some light on the YQ50 heatshield mounting measurements ;)