125 cc scooters to consider (similar to x-city / beverly)

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Indigo, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Indigo

Indigo New Member

Hello all,

I've previously owned a 2002 Piaggio Beverly 125 and then more recently a 2009 Yamaha X-City 125 - both great bikes and ideal for city commuting.

I'm back in the market again and looking to get something now the weather here is starting to improve.

Ideally I will find another X-City to buy, however given that they are not the most common bike, I was wondering if anyone could suggest something with similar styling to these two?

As you can tell, I prefer scooters with bigger wheels so ideally I'd be looking for 14" and up (I think both previous bikes had 16" which would definitely be the preference).

I also seem to prefer the shape of scooters that do not have the flat floor where your feet go - if you look at both my previous rides in profile you will see what I mean :) (i.e. not the SH125i etc.)

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    How about a Kymco agility city 125 or SYM simply sr 125? Both are brilliant scooters, if someone say's there crap then they don't know scooters or blinkered to there favorite scooter!

3. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

They are both flat floored which he said he doesn't want.
    I've had a quick look but it seems most new ones are flat floored and the Beverly has been dropped.
    Most scooters that have the type of floor you want seem to be more of the larger bodied type rather than the upright "city" type of scooter.
    I don't know if you are considering new or s/hand but you might consider the last of the Beverlys as the one you owned was quite old and the later models will have been improved and you get the easy availability of spares.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  4. Indigo

Indigo New Member

Thanks, Gilburton. Yes, I agree the earlier suggestions are not really the look I like.

I'd certainly consider a newer Beverly, although much like the X-City there are not really too many on the market.

Will keep looking. The Yamaha X-Max and N-Max both seems worth considering, although they do have the smaller wheels.

5. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

I presume you are still on L plates hence asking for a 125?

6. Indigo

Indigo New Member

I've got an A1 so can drive 125's without the L plate.

7. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Ah pity there are quite a few 300/350 beverlys on sale. I was just thinking along the lines of a lot of models have 125/250 engines in the same scooter so more powerful but not physically bigger lol
    Anyway depending on your finances and dealers near you it might be worth looking at the better makes of far eastern scooters.
    Sym/Kymco etc. Don't be put off by some scare stories.
    Am I correct in thinking to upgrade your licence if you have had it over 2 yrs you just have to take the part 2 with no theory or CBT?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  8. Indigo

Indigo New Member

Not too sure about upgrading the licence - I have no real plans to sit any more tests as a 125 is more than enough for my needs so I've never looked into it.