really really badly need help please.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by sut, Dec 23, 2013.

1. sut

sut Member

that sounds like good news.

can i ask what is the acceleration like now and the top end.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

still on ramp, naked, but accelerates smoothly, bit concerned that it going past 10k rpm, drops to about 1200 rpm on tickover when let throttle go. simulates coming up to junctions and traffic lights and stuff, dont want it stalling there now do we? will road test it before returning, but might have to put a smaller carb on to keep top end down. got 17.5mm dellorto on at moment, and there are issues with the rozzers in suts area, they got that rolling road out and have confiscated and crushed several scoots already. so have to keep this as standard as possible. might have a little leeway with them, but better safe than sorry.

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Are they pulling L-plated scooters over for exceeding 35MPH and then rolling road testing them? What justification are they using for crushing scooters, as I thought they were obsessed with mini motos, not scooters?

Let 'em try that with mine, as it will meet all Motorcycle Construction & Use Regs when I've finished (three stage lighting, number plate light requirements etc.) so to all intents and purposes, it's a motorcycle. It's also declared as Stage 1 tuned to the insurance. Mind you, I have a full car licence so I can ride mine without L plates.

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

@merlin
    ah yes you may have a full car license, but do you have the appropriate license for your bike? As i'm sure you're aware, any mods done to increase the power or speed from standard reclassifies the moped as far as dvla is concerned, which means insurance, mot, and your "moped" (49cc, 33mph) is no longer a moped but a motorcycle. Do you have a full motorcycle license?

5. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Yes, I do have the appropriate licence for my bike, don't worry. It's all fully declared and legal.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Any vehicle classed as a moped, is 49cc with a top speed of no more than 33 mph. Fit a 70 kit to your scooter and its no longer a moped, its a motorcycle. New insurance band, new road tax band, new license category. CBT is also required for those who haven't passed their car test before 2001.

7. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    I hate the law. Happy new year !