gilera ice 70cc help

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by kiwiscoot, Feb 28, 2021.

1. kiwiscoot

kiwiscoot New Member

hello, so far I have installed a malossi 70cc kit, multivar, dellorto phgb 21 stage6 filter.
    got it all together and have been going for small trips. however took it up a big hill today and it straight up died and won't start now, when it died it smelt hot, how can I tell if I have leaned it out and popped it? and what's next new piston and gasket? cheers all

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    What main jet have you got in the carb ? What's the plug colour ?

kiwiscoot likes this.
  3. kiwiscoot

kiwiscoot New Member

main jet is the standard size the new carby came with, 95 I believe, I was told to put in a 140 and it didn't run for shyte, would bog down like crazy, plug was mocha color

4. kiwiscoot

kiwiscoot New Member

guys I need fork help, well really I need a set of forks.... I've tried to find the right fork seals but they are not listed anymore so I took my fork inner's and outer to a seal shop and found some replacements as mine are leaking so bad, however the new seals leak just as much.... this is due to the chrome pitting! so any help on where to go for new forks would much appreciated

5. kiwiscoot

kiwiscoot New Member

because threads are crap without photos

Attached Files:

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    There's a couple of sets on ebay !

7. Paul Flatt

Paul Flatt New Member

Also try clear nail varnish on corrosion pits and wet and dry about 800 grade locally until smooth, oh and use wet. Old trick but it works.

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I have set in the workshop........How much money you got in the bank??????:p:p:p

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    KERCHING !!!