Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

gilera ice 70cc help

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by kiwiscoot, 28 Feb 2021
kiwiscoot#1
hello, so far I have installed a malossi 70cc kit, multivar, dellorto phgb 21 stage6 filter.
got it all together and have been going for small trips. however took it up a big hill today and it straight up died and won't start now, when it died it smelt hot, how can I tell if I have leaned it out and popped it? and what's next new piston and gasket? cheers all
MARSH#2
What main jet have you got in the carb ? What's the plug colour ?
kiwiscoot#3
main jet is the standard size the new carby came with, 95 I believe, I was told to put in a 140 and it didn't run for shyte, would bog down like crazy, plug was mocha color
kiwiscoot#4
guys I need fork help, well really I need a set of forks.... I've tried to find the right fork seals but they are not listed anymore so I took my fork inner's and outer to a seal shop and found some replacements as mine are leaking so bad, however the new seals leak just as much.... this is due to the chrome pitting! so any help on where to go for new forks would much appreciated
kiwiscoot#5
because threads are crap without photos
IMG-20210318-WA0016.jpg
MARSH#6
There's a couple of sets on ebay !
Paul Flatt#7
Also try clear nail varnish on corrosion pits and wet and dry about 800 grade locally until smooth, oh and use wet. Old trick but it works.
Stevep#8
guys I need fork help, well really I need a set of forks.... I've tried to find the right fork seals but they are not listed anymore so I took my fork inner's and outer to a seal shop and found some replacements as mine are leaking so bad, however the new seals leak just as much.... this is due to the chrome pitting! so any help on where to go for new forks would much appreciated
I have set in the workshop........How much money you got in the bank??????:p:p:p
MARSH#9
I have set in the workshop........How much money you got in the bank??????:p:p:p
KERCHING !!!

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Piaggio zip 50cc tuning10 replies4 Jul 2021
Polini hi speed vs malossi mhr multivar0 replies16 Jun 2021
'93 Zip from 50 to 70cc build0 replies5 Jun 2021
C21 and Malossi mhr replica 70cc0 replies2 Jun 2021
Peugeot Speedfight 4 jetting5 replies25 Mar 2021
I have broken my scooter. NEED HELP0 replies12 Mar 2021
2009 Yamaha aerox bogging0 replies6 Mar 2021
Peugeot ludix blaster 20060 replies27 Feb 2021
WK 50 GO Derestict1 replies27 Feb 2021
Piaggio Typhoon 50 Bogging and cutting out after tuning2 replies26 Feb 2021