Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Dna 50 problem

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by pockets.jk, 26 Mar 2016
SliderTom#41
Ive rode one, but would never have one, its one of those bikes which you know you wont behave on.
pockets.jk#42
Yes that's true I never did pretty fast for 125 just wish I never sold it I hope to pick one up spares I paid 190 for it sold for 250 week later found out there over 1k ffs
SliderTom#43
I'd invest in a standard one. But not paying the money for it, a genuine 180 with the orange panels and low miles fetch like 2k ! The 125s are also on the up, going for 12-15s !
pockets.jk#44
Yea that it I want one to fully restore I want the 125 sp nothing else haha I may have to build from frame up
romain#45
Trouble is they are number one on any bike thief list
but love the runner sp we had a fully tuned 172 it was bloody quick
The trouble of engine wear is due to revs those engine even tuned don't rev as high as the 50 or 70
That s why the 50/70 don't last that long when you modify them
MARSH#46
I've got 54,000 kms on my typhoon 125 and it's on it's original crank, I've freshened her up over the years but never had the engine in bits!!

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

What spark plug do I need to use?1 replies9 Apr 2016
Honda Dylan longevity3 replies8 Apr 2016
Tucano Termoscud Covers2 replies8 Apr 2016
Honda NSC Vision 50 rollers3 replies7 Apr 2016
Rarer than hens teeth!!0 replies5 Apr 2016
the guessing game...27 replies31 Mar 2016
Need help finding the right jet for piaggio zip3 replies31 Mar 2016
W5 10w40 engine oil from lidl4 replies30 Mar 2016
TOP TIPS!14 replies27 Mar 2016
Problems with AJS Digita 514 replies25 Mar 2016