Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Dna 50 problem

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by pockets.jk, 26 Mar 2016
pockets.jk#21
Ok ta I haven't got a air line but im gonna flush with a lot a break cleaner aerosol

But thank I shall follow those anything to make sure the bugger starts
SliderTom#22
Im not entirely sure on brake cleaner for cases, probably perfectly fine...

Guess you could grab some old petrol ? Be on the safe side ?
pockets.jk#23
Only reason for break cleaner as its in a pressured can there no seals for it to break down and is a very good cleaner but either way it will be wiped off with a micro fiber stright away
SliderTom#24
Yeah thats true i guess.
pockets.jk#25
Any of you guys know of a electric impact gun thats fairly powerful but don't rape the bank
SliderTom#26
What needs removing/tightening ?
pockets.jk#27
Things like the fly wheel and that on mopeds cams on cars etc I do some stuff in my own time and few things I don't ie fly wheel holder I useing a mates impact gun to undo
SliderTom#28
Im not saying things like small compressors and what not dont go missing, and are easy to carry around as an electric one.

But, for the expense of when they do go walkies, its pretty rubbish. We've had them, and had them go missing, and still had to pay for them.

I'd say try somewhere like a tool shop. Browse around first, dont buy hastily.
pockets.jk#29
Ill have a look
pockets.jk#30
Ill get some oil next week so I can start rebuild
SliderTom#31
It will be nice to see a dna back up and running :)
pockets.jk#32
Fingers crossed I want to ride ut before owner takes it back obvs not rag it but little cruise round the block ;)
SliderTom#33
You'd have to anyways, iron out any teething problems.
pockets.jk#34
Yea that's it thing anniys me is im having to put standard carb back on standard air filter and cheap silent gas exhaust witch wont do performance much good
SliderTom#35
Im not particularly in to this whole modifying business anymore.

It all depends on what the person uses it for. If its everyday commuting then yeah, standard all the way, but for a bit of fun, i'd build it differently. Like you say, sports exhausts and cylinders etc.
pockets.jk#36
Well its both daily and fun but he wants faster
SliderTom#37
Thats possible too. My old Aerox was the best of both worlds, took a full year of commuting and abuse til it went bang. I dont know how long the person before me had it either on the same setup.
pockets.jk#38
Ahh nice ideally 2strokes should be rebuild ie bearing etc every two years ive been told
SliderTom#39
Many factors come in to play. I have an old 175 mx which is only on the second piston i think 0.5 overside and has done 23000 miles. Because it isnt something you use everyday, nor thrash the life out of 24/7
pockets.jk#40
Yea that true I really miss my giilera runner sp 125 2002 loved that bike took loads if trashing for 10 months I had it plus past owner only had few problems but before I sold it it woukd start sometimes but deffo miss it I really want another

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

What spark plug do I need to use?1 replies9 Apr 2016
Honda Dylan longevity3 replies8 Apr 2016
Tucano Termoscud Covers2 replies8 Apr 2016
Honda NSC Vision 50 rollers3 replies7 Apr 2016
Rarer than hens teeth!!0 replies5 Apr 2016
the guessing game...27 replies31 Mar 2016
Need help finding the right jet for piaggio zip3 replies31 Mar 2016
W5 10w40 engine oil from lidl4 replies30 Mar 2016
TOP TIPS!14 replies27 Mar 2016
Problems with AJS Digita 514 replies25 Mar 2016