Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsScooter Projects

70cc Aerox Project (lots of pics)

Discussion in Scooter Projects started by Ro8bieg, 18 Dec 2008
Ro8bieg#1
Hi, I bought my Aerox in summer just after my 16th birthday and approximately a month ago the engine seized.
While it has been off the road I have been doing small jobs on it like polishing the forks and customizing some of the panels.

First I did the front panel
Image no longer available

This past couple of days I have been working on the rear panels doing the good old front panel in the back Aerox trick :)

Before fiberglass
Image no longer available

Start of fg
Image no longer available

Filler on
Image no longer available

Filler smoothed
2 images no longer available
Front pannel cut down to size
Image no longer available

Front panel fiber-glassed on underneath
2 images no longer available
I'll be sanding and filling that tomoro. I have an idea for a flush light and indicators.

Got myself an early xmas present through the post today, my Polini Sport 70s kit.
Image no longer available

The engine spec will be:
Polini variator kit
Polini reed valve
Polini touque + clutch springs
21mm carb
full circle crank
Polini sport kit
Polini evo exhaust

I will hopefully be doing a renthal bar conversion after christmas but I will be making a fiberglass case for the original speedo.

Updates should be quite regular.

Thanks for reading, Robbie

Done some more work on the back end tonight.

Filler on:
Image no longer available

Sanded(ish):
Image no longer available

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chose the colour.

Started painting my spare panels

4 images no longer available
Not to shabby for a rattle can job eh :P
Jefr0-180#2
Nice job on the panels mate, got any pics of the rear light?
RY4N172#3
:punk:
Ro8bieg#4
Jefr0-180 said:
Nice job on the panels mate, got any pics of the rear light?

Thanks, not yet, I'v not ordered it yet but I will be moulding this into the panel.

Image no longer available
Dec#5
mate, if your gonna spend £££ on that setup replace the polini sport with a polini evo, leave the rest, be so much more worth it, and an evo pipe on a sport is a tad overkill ;) but yea panels look gd m8
Dec#6
no point in having a ped that looks nice but dosent go anywhere ;) and ttrust me, you will get bored of the polini sport after about a fortnight.

evo on the other hand......
fatboy87#7
looking sweet :banana:
billy #86#8
Dec said:
no point in having a ped that looks nice but dosent go anywhere ;) and ttrust me, you will get bored of the polini sport after about a fortnight.

evo on the other hand......

decs right mate, i ran the sport on my rox and its good for the first few days but you soon want more, go the evoooooooo :D
Ro8bieg#9
i'v already got all the engine parts, it was you that told me to get the polini sport dec :sarc: Its an everyday runner so i want reliability more than power. Not to bothered about top end but just want a bit of low down punch. The evo exhaust came on the bike so may aswel use it. Although I do have a doppler S3R aswel.
Dec#10
yer i tol;d you to get it because i didnt realise you were going all out with the res tmate ;)
lukeyboixrace#11
the panels look really good mate...
i'm definately keeping an eye...might give me some idea's for mine!
Ro8bieg#12
Dec said:
yer I tol;d you to get it because I didnt realise you were going all out with the res tmate ;)

ahh right lol, im not to fussed. I'm sending the frame and engine off to a shop to have a new crank fitted and to have the polini kit fitted and set up soon.

In the meantime i'll be working on my panels.

I might be able to get hold of some TVR flip paint for it. :punk:
Jefr0-180#13
As you might know, I'm a fan of flip paint, was on my old runner, got some spare down the shed. Not cheap though! I'm not sure if the paint I had is being made anymore, but TVR flip paint I believe has less colours in?

Image no longer available

Image no longer available

Image no longer available
Dec#14
GRIMEZ#15
nice project love the fibreglassing!
Ro8bieg#16
Thanks for the comments, that flip painted aerox is the bolloks :D
Ro8bieg#17
Small update on page 1
Ro8bieg#18
up up :)
billy #86#19
liking the colour choice mate;)
Ro8bieg#20
cheers :), not sure what colour to do the wheels etc? I'm thinking either white or lime green? what you recon?

More threads in Scooter Projects

Area 515 replies18 Jan 2009
honda nsr 125 engine rebuild206 replies16 Jan 2009
My Typhoon 172 Project12 replies15 Jan 2009
dys 172 porting project4 replies14 Jan 2009
speedfight conversion13 replies14 Jan 2009
LC TYPH 7085 replies12 Jan 2009
sr50 project, need some help :)11 replies11 Jan 2009
My typhoon 50 project!30 replies9 Jan 2009
Killerteam Racing (England) Track Racing SR15 replies9 Jan 2009
Project Firenze 170cc32 replies7 Jan 2009