honda nsr 125 engine rebuild

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by m1ck_t, Sep 24, 2008.

1. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    I know it's not a SCOOTER project but I thought id share this with you lot.
    Anyway after a disgusting dry seizure I dropped my engine out and had a sniff around the lump.

[​IMG]

whiped the top end of and found this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mains and seals are surprisingly perfect but will be replaced anyway just to be on the safe side,crank seems very good too.(thank god)

powervalve on the exhaust port is slightly seized

the lines on the barrel are not faint scratches, they are at least 1mm deep scores, and the barrel spaeks for itself really.

got the new piston rings already and a new gasket set. still waiting on news if my barrel can be welded and rebored or am i forking out for a new one.

hoping to do this within 2 weeks so updates will probs be slow, thats if mods/admins allow this thread to stay here

2. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    almost forgot.

plans are

tyga performance pipe with yoshimura can, new boyesen carbon reeds and a touch of port work on the barrel ;)

14t front sprocket and 35/36 rear

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    up the carb size DEFFO... change the crescent on the powervalve for an excentric crescent... small to big.

if you want a little more for not much money then try and find somone to reprofile the head and depending on your bore try and find a grand sport piston, one ring but fuck me do they make use of the ports..

can try and offset balance and lighten the crank, flywheel and balancer shaft if your pullin it to bits and mabey lighten some gearbox bits...

4. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    yeah i'v heard about this small to big pv crascent business but dont know anything about it tbh.

i am very interested in the grand sport piston and head reprofile though. but i have to find someone to do it and be the sounds of these pistons are hard to come by.(all depending on my barrel offcourse)

hartgates might have a barrel for me(you must know them)

dont think i'm gona lighten anything but i might get another engine next week wich means i have plenty of time to play about with it. might even send it your way in time.

cheers for the info minor

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    dont touch geard unless there mine.. soz LOL

6. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

Oi mick thats worse than you said lol

took my lump in college last nite stripped everyhing down completely, going for a gear up this time along with more grindy grindy lol

you still gona be riding that beastly cygnus in next week?? lmao. come take it over the park lol

7. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    :rofl: , yep i'm probs on that piece of shit for a week or two till my parts come through and got my bike back on the road.

they let you do your own bike in merton?

minor :(

thanks anywaay for the input :tup:

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    sorry m8... cant be arsed with doing other peoples geard smokers... toooo expensive LOL

9. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

well im level 3 and ive been there two years so i know all the tecnicians and tutors so there alright bout me staying behind sometimes, ive got the space and tools at mine just they ent so neatly set out lool

10. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    lol. fair enough then

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    thats a fookin understatement?!?! not set out,. your toolbox is called a garage floor! messy bastard :D

12. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

like mine all my tools are just chucked in top of the box :w00t:

cant find fuck all :pimp:

13. alex_1966

alex_1966 New Member

14. alex_1966

alex_1966 New Member

been checking out that grand sport piston you were talking about minor and i found one on sip http://www.sip-scootershop.com/pages/in ... etails.php its a twin ring though and is 55mm (standard nsr is 54) so the barrel will have to be bored, i dont see how you would get the transfer ports on the piston to match the barrel though

15. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    cheers for that alex, i'v looked on the first site you provided and found a piston and rings for 30 quid, wich is quite good so i'l order that in the morning, i'm desperate for a cylinder as i'v just been told that my one is way beyond repair. so need a new one or a very very good second hand one :pale:

been thinking about tunning the bike beyond my original plans and have come to a conclusion that i simply want her back on the road asap and use the best parts i can find (none of that pattern shit), cant be asked to mess about with the tranfer ports and all that, my boss has already told me that he will get a good friend of his to port my barrel slightly for free so i'm well happy with that as it is.

16. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

there is a piston manufacturer who do single rings for road bikes something like wossner or something they are german? very fucking good pistons tho, drop forged beauties

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    cant run a drop forged pistopn in nicasil lined ali ;)

18. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    :banana: i'v managed to get hold of another barrel, i'l have a good look at it when it arrives next week and if necessary i will get it re-bored.

also sourced a 34mm dell carb, so its been a good day for me :D

[​IMG]

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    noice :D
    154's are big money but GOOOOOOOD fun
    50ish horse nsr is the biggest giggle round town

20. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    i bet it is , i simply cannot afford to spend 300 odd quid at the moment. all a matter of time and money really. no doubt i will get a polini kit for her in a few months time though, need to start saving :rofl: