Speedfight 2 100cc pulls away really slow how can I change it to pull away a bit faster

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Trevor Joyce, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Trevor Joyce

Trevor Joyce New Member

Hi I have a 2007 speedfight 2 100cc it's standard apart from exhaust I've just bought it like this. runs fine when up to speed but it really lacks it when I pull away and takes a while to pick up top speed is 50 to 55 mph to I'll be happy when it gets off the mark quicker what can I do to it change or fix .thanks

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I know the 50cc ones are all like this, I think its a combination of the clutch and roller weights

3. Trevor Joyce

Trevor Joyce New Member

when it ticks over you can hear in the casing clunking and clicking

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hmmm sounds like your starter bendix is worn out or loose or something. Have you taken the trans cover off to see what's going on?

5. Trevor Joyce

Trevor Joyce New Member

no not yet i don't want to take it off and it all falls apart as it runs and need for for work im going to take it off in next week or so and see whats what in there and get the pull away a bit better

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

It shouldn't all fall apart. Only the starter bendix can fall out, and that only fits one way round.