Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Speedfight 2 100cc pulls away really slow how can I change it to pull away a bit faster

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Trevor Joyce, 5 Nov 2018
Trevor Joyce#1
Hi I have a 2007 speedfight 2 100cc it's standard apart from exhaust I've just bought it like this. runs fine when up to speed but it really lacks it when I pull away and takes a while to pick up top speed is 50 to 55 mph to I'll be happy when it gets off the mark quicker what can I do to it change or fix .thanks
scubabiker#2
I know the 50cc ones are all like this, I think its a combination of the clutch and roller weights
Trevor Joyce#3
when it ticks over you can hear in the casing clunking and clicking
scubabiker#4
Hmmm sounds like your starter bendix is worn out or loose or something. Have you taken the trans cover off to see what's going on?
Trevor Joyce#5
no not yet i don't want to take it off and it all falls apart as it runs and need for for work im going to take it off in next week or so and see whats what in there and get the pull away a bit better
scubabiker#6
It shouldn't all fall apart. Only the starter bendix can fall out, and that only fits one way round.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

hreitage front lamp.1 replies5 Dec 2018
Motoroma 50cc G10 20150 replies1 Dec 2018
Sinnis Encanto 50cc Wont run EML1 replies22 Nov 2018
baotian evolution1 replies19 Nov 2018
Scubabiker could you pm me please0 replies11 Nov 2018
Rollers1 replies10 Nov 2018
Peugeot Speedfight 2 CDI box3 replies6 Nov 2018
Worth doing A1 licence test?6 replies22 Oct 2018
Found a stolen scooter?5 replies21 Oct 2018
Scooter gps2 replies21 Oct 2018