Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Exhaust Query

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by gazza, 17 Apr 2007
gazza#21
Clutch problems ???? or something else, advise needed please

Took off the clutch and managed to change the springs that came with the exhaust using G clamps to compress the clutch & vice to hold in all faces protected with cloths.

Checked everything over including the belt all seemed ok, put it back together and the f***ing thing is running like crap won't accelerate properly so took all apart again thinking that the new spring where the culprit and put back original springs tried again, guess what still the bloody same.

I then thought it was like fuel starvation because when you open up the throttle the thing just wants to slow down and eventually die, so I cleaned out the carb and jet, I have not touched the mixture screw.

The bike its still not running right.
When its on the stand though it does seem to occasionally run a bit better without weight on it, don't know if this would throw some light on it as to the problem to anyone.

Have any of you guys got any ideas as to what could be wrong as this is now becoming a bloody headache.

Gazza
Major Rel14b1lty#22
when you take your clutch assembly off look to see if the clutch pads are glazed, if they are lightly sand the glaze off with sand paper.

The squaking noise, does the bike try to move forwards, like say u stood up and just held on with your hands would it try n slowly pull awau
gazza#23
No the bike does'nt move as you say, it only moves like as normal through light acceleration.

but the bike is running as said before like crap, running really rough as though there is fuel starvation or something. I have just cleaned the carb out with a compressed air line and its still the same. When you accelerate away the bike starts to build up speed then just sort of dies, when you throttle back and the bike runs; open it up again and it dies yet again.

I can't understand it any ideas anyone

cheers
Sw1fT#24
checked the jets i take it?

it sounds like a blocked jet, or, in the case of my mate, a main jet thats come loose and is floating about in the float bowl.
gazza#25
Took the carb apart checked all the jets and blew through with compressed air line then re-assmbled, mixture screw counted out and returned to its original position.

Still the same so I haven't a clue at the moment .

any ideas!
neosman#26
i know its simple but you may have overlooked it....


bad spark?
gazza#27
Hi
It has a good spark, the bike is running like shit, does not want to accelerate properly as I said its like there is fuel starvation for some reason or other.

But I need to sort out why the bloody thing won't run right first to be able to get the performance out of it as recommended by MiNoRcOnFuSiOn, as mentioned earlier I have cleaned out the carb took out the autochoke & cleaned out the airway there as well.

I even took the fuel line off the carb whilst the bike was on tickover to see if any blockages, petrol was flowing with no probs, I then opened up the carb drain screw in the bottom of the bowl again fuel drained down the tube but to no avail.

Any ideas guy's why it wont run properly!!!!!!!!!

cheers
Gazza
MiNoR cOnFuSiOn#28
fuel starvation symptoms can be down to roller weight being too heavy. what weight? what jet are you running atm and what is the exact spec of the bike?
gazza#29
I have replaced the rollers with 5.5 as you recommended yesterday, but at the moment I have put back the original 53 jet in the 17.5 dellorto auto choke carb, as my local bike shop has to order the size 62 jet you also recommended as they dont keep them in stock.

The bike is a gilera runner sp50 2005 L/C model no other upgrade of anything except zx exhaust & rollers, I have thouroly cleaned the carb out with a compressed air line.

Thanks
gazza#30
Anyone else got any idea as to what could be wrong the bike, still does not want to rev up properly !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

More threads in Scooter Tuning

what should i do to it now (to my speedy)12 replies11 May 2007
laser xpro roller weight9 replies10 May 2007
More!7 replies10 May 2007
Stunt 70cc Set Up minerelli vertical engine5 replies9 May 2007
Parts but no ped4 replies9 May 2007
mhr rep reliability1 replies5 May 2007
tuning my zip3 replies4 May 2007
WARE 2 START WITH ALL THE BASE GASkets that came with my kit17 replies3 May 2007
roller setup?6 replies2 May 2007
wat jet to start off with for my new stage6 racing 70s3 replies2 May 2007