roller setup?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by SR-STEF, Apr 30, 2007.

1. SR-STEF

SR-STEF New Member

so i have 6.0g rollers in wer as standerd is 5.5g. well the scooters pickup is turd even tho i have yellow springs on the standard clucth but wen it hits 20ish it revs high asif its changing gear fast but as it reaches around 42 it speeds up again. rollers are to heavy? what gram should i go for? any suggestions?

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    add all the weights up.. devide by the rpm you have.. times by the rpm you would like.. the difference will be the weight you must remove (roughly) so devide by 6 and vwalah

3. skatergod

skatergod New Member

k so i got 15.5g rollers.... 15.5X6=93...divide by 7000rpm then X 8000rpm equals:: 106.28568..... does thta mean i need to go down a weight size to get the rpm i want? 14.5??

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    so the doiff between 93 and 106 is then devided by 6 and thats the weight you REMOVE

5. skatergod

skatergod New Member

lol chill minor... so 13 divided by 6 is2.16666667 so i take 2g of? so its 13.5 gram?? :cool:

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its nowhere neer exact.. but it gives you a good idea of where you should be looking weight wise. if i can be botherd ill figure the correct equasion, altho you need to be 1. good at maths and 2. know what your engines producing so probably no point.

rpm shopuld be noted at its worst point during acceleration also. as it will rev up nice, then drop off (all the way through the variators travel) and then pick up revs if its too heavy.

using a filter often makes the jetting/roller setup alot more tempremental so if your having trouble bang your airbox back on.

7. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    and leave it on.