david just got scooter

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by david112, Jan 19, 2014.

1. david112

david112 New Member

Any help ... just got my son a bike for his birthday next week I had a ride around his street on it I let him have a try and the police came and took it ... will cost to much to get it back ... we had no insurance licence or crash hat ... will he get to many points to ride a bike when he passes test next week ?????

2. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    Why oh why did you do that?:rolleyes:
    If I'm not mistaken it's 3-6 points for riding without a license, and 3-6 points for no insurance and a fine.
    So if the police do everything by the book, he isn't riding for a longgg time

Tins81 likes this.
  3. david112

david112 New Member

Thanks mate we are both so gutter

4. david112

david112 New Member

Gutted

5. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Didnt they tell you how many points youll be looking at?

More than likely just 6 tbh..Just get insured before they go on :p

6. david112

david112 New Member

If he gets 6 points will he be able to ride still ????

7. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    If it's not insured, there's also the risk that the Police may crush it. They may just make you pay to get it insured and have someone licenced to ride it pick it up, but you need to be prepared for the worst.

8. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    be looking at 6 points for no licence + a fine at a judges discretion as to how much. 6 points for no insurance and a min £500 fine. 3 points for no crash helmet and £60 fine. if it wasn't taxed expect to hear off dvla soon, believe that's a £250 fine or motd expect 3 points for either one. that's worst case (or best as far as im concerned) for you. does he have provisional? if so, chuck it in bin now. 12 points = automatic ban. if he had full licence for less than 2 years well 6 points and bye bye. personally no sympathy, why the hell would you ride down the road without licence, insurance or even worse no bloody protective gear ! might want to put off doing CBT/test next week until you hear off the police/courts because itll be a waste of time. personally hope they come down hard on you and get a decent ban and big fine.
    next time get licence, insurance and gear before riding.

Burridge likes this.
  9. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    oh cost for getting it back - £160 tow (locally to me it is anyway) £10 a night storage, proof of licence/CBT, insurance, tax will be needed. hope they just crush it.

10. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    probably? no.
    he will get a summons to court by sounds of it.

11. Burridge

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    Scootz is preaching it, dayumm son you go hard

12. david112

david112 New Member

If you were 15 and just got a scooter I think any kid wants to have a little try out ... is that so wrong ?? I don't think so

ramo likes this.
  13. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    absolute idiocy. thanks for making everyone elses inurancy policys go up each year.
    want to go ride without a licence and insurance? get motocross bike and go to your local track or see if you can find somebody with some private land to ride on. DONT RIDE ON THE FUCKING ROAD WITHOUT LICENCE AND INSURANCE. does my head in !

14. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    do it on private land then. don't do it on the bloody road. especially without a frigging helmet !
    15?!? shouldn't even be on the road on anything apart from a bicycle. jesus bloody Christ.

15. Burridge

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    I got my ped at 16 and my dad wouldn't let me do anything but ride it round the garden before I had my CBT, insurance and all the legalities, because this is what could've happened if he didn't, not worth it at-all, your lad won't be able to ride for 2 years after getting his license now

16. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    and yes it is so wrong. its against the law. hope you get the book thrown at you!

17. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    +1 on what burridge said, I was only ever aloud to ride off road on private land until the day I passed my CBT. safer for everyone else.. never mind him. even if it was just up and down the road. should never do it without a licence. proper training and insurance. again. thankyou for being part of the reason that everyone elses insurance goes up every year.

Merlin and Burridge like this.
  18. david112

david112 New Member

Lol at scootzmadness bet you fold your underpants before you go to bed

19. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    well what was you expecting? sympathy? if you expected that well you can fuck right off.
    actually no I don't, but what I am, is a law abiding, hard working person who hates idiots like you. cant do it legally? don't do It at all. prat.

Merlin likes this.
  20. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    If it's on the road, it needs to be taxed and insured with an MOT if it needs one. It also needs a licenced rider. You just ticked the box "None of the above" because you and your son wouldn't wait until he was street legal and you deliberately drew attention to yourselves as a result of the rider having no helmet. That was a magnet for the Plod and once they have you for something, they will just keep digging until they know everything.

Your son will be busted for no helmet, licence or insurance (no MOT may be more if they want to make it stick) and if the bike is in your name, you'll get done for allowing him to ride with no insurance. That's an IN10 for your son and an IN14 for you and if you drive, then you'll need to tell your car insurer and I hope that they don't want to touch you or him with a barge pole next time around, as you'll need to tell them as it will all be online for them to check soon, so don't go telling them porkies.

If your inexperienced son had knocked a kid over, you'd be singing a different song. Don't ask for sympathy, as according to my Dad "Sympathy, in a dictionary, comes between sh!t and syphilis". What a role model you are to your son...

NOT.

scootzmadness likes this.