Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Where are all the Vespa's.?.

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Mark Emerson Trentham, 11 Jul 2014
Mark Emerson Trentham#1
Those 5 letters,symbolise to me,the term Scooter-
have'nt seen alot about,any knocking around on SSF.?.post 'em up.:)
scootzmadness#2
hopefully theyre where they fucking belong..... in the scrap yard.... generally the people who ride them are a bunch of stuck up nobs who are too good to nod to the likes of us who ride different scooters to them or ride proper bikes.. the way you shift gear on them is wrong... the rear brake is wrong... theyre ugly.... theyre shite.... theyre just wrong.. if I ever win the lottery id spend all the winnings buying vespa out + buying every vespa+lambretta I could find and scrapping them all. HATE THEM
Mark Emerson Trentham#3
Take it,you don't like em .then....... .
rendersonique#4
Had this scooter for 18 years now. Quite attached to it :)

1979 PX 125:
Pinasco 180cc big bore kit
Gremica Disc Conversion
Wide tyre conversion kit
Mallosi reed valve
Delorto carb
Anciolotti Seat
Sebac shocks
Image no longer available
rendersonique#5
hopefully theyre where they fucking belong..... in the scrap yard.... generally the people who ride them are a bunch of stuck up nobs who are too good to nod to the likes of us who ride different scooters to them or ride proper bikes.. the way you shift gear on them is wrong... the rear brake is wrong... theyre ugly.... theyre shite.... theyre just wrong.. if I ever win the lottery id spend all the winnings buying vespa out + buying every vespa+lambretta I could find and scrapping them all. HATE THEM

You obviously have a right to your opinion, but its very narrow minded. However, I am sure as you say there is a similar opinion of automatic scooters and motorbikes from the other side of the fence. Myself, well as you can see I am a little non conformist :rolleyes:
scootzmadness#6
Im sorry but nine times out of ten the people who ride them are stuck up cunts, im not saying they all are but 99% are, I hate the scooters, the people who ride them but then im more old school and like a proper bike. worked on a few and just hate them. hate them. hate them. hate them. id rather have a Chinese bike over a vespa and that's saying something!
rendersonique#7
Im sorry but nine times out of ten the people who ride them are stuck up cunts, im not saying they all are but 99% are, I hate the scooters, the people who ride them but then im more old school and like a proper bike. worked on a few and just hate them. hate them. hate them. hate them. id rather have a Chinese bike over a vespa and that's saying something!
The Vespa & lambretta's have been around for decades. A lot of people who own them are older because they either always wanted one and never got the chance when they were younger, or owned one previously years ago and want to re live their youth after doing the kids/family thing.

As a daily rider of a Vespa I don't expect the auto rider to acknowledge me in the form of a nod of the head etc because most of the time they are younger and probably assume that the older rider won't nod back.

There is always going to be a divide between modern and old purely because they are worlds apart from a technology point of view. To be honest I can strip down and rebuild my Vespa scooter in a couple of hours because I have done it so many times. The engineering may seem old, strange and in some respects crude to somebody like yourself that doesn't understand it, but to be fair, I have only just got my head round the way a variator works. I find it fascinating but the most important thing to me is the fact my FXR is a 2 stroke which turn is simple, lightweight and quick.

Also, I did the Pyranees on my Vespa (France,Andora & Spain 2500 miles) and I would bet my last £ that if you did that journey with me and my mates on a Vespa or Lambretta, you would have a very different opinion of the classic scooter. Which pretty much sums it up really. It's not the vehicle, but what you do with it. :)
Image no longer available
scootzmadness#8
I get how they work etc etc and ive ridden a few so I do understand them and understand how they work, I just don't like them. its nothing with how old it is to me, were all on two wheels, I nod to absolutely everyone on two wheels because we are all on two wheels and experience the same things.
Im doing the same sort of trip on my new bike when I get it before the gf has the sprog hopefully but nothing can/will ever change my opinion about them. I just don't like them.
give me a old BSA or triumph any day.
rendersonique#9
Not trying to change your opinion. Just think it's a bit strange that you have such a strong dislike to something.
Mark Emerson Trentham#10
Had this scooter for 18 years now. Quite attached to it :)

1979 PX 125:
Pinasco 180cc big bore kit
Gremica Disc Conversion
Wide tyre conversion kit
Mallosi reed valve
Delorto carb
Anciolotti Seat
Sebac shocks
Image no longer available
Ooooooooooh.:).
bogey#11
Im sorry but nine times out of ten the people who ride them are stuck up cunts, im not saying they all are but 99% are, I hate the scooters, the people who ride them but then im more old school and like a proper bike. worked on a few and just hate them. hate them. hate them. hate them. id rather have a Chinese bike over a vespa and that's saying something!
Disagree. Hardly stuck up when most scooterists on the scene are typical workin class folk. I've have many "proper" scoots and recently got my first auto. I'm sure I'll go full circle again I think the main thing is they're a older generation rather than the yoooofs on autos.
turbovetto#12
I nod to absolutely everyone on two wheels because we are all on two wheels and experience the same things.

I like the way you're thinking scootz:)

I have actually ridden a vespa. I have a buddy who lives in Marseilles. He has five or six - with parts to make another two probably. One of them is black and has a side car that looks like a torpedo. He uses it when he and his missus go out with their little girl. She has her own vespa too. It is the only scooter I have ever seen that gets admiring looks from people who know nothing about scooters or bikes in general.

We went out for a ride - Me on the 'all days' (beautiful Polini exhaust & 125 kit) - my gal on the back of Anne-Laure's vespa and Frank & little Louise on the torpedo. One of the most enjoyable rides I have ever had. It was like a mini rally !
scootzmadness#13
if you like them then you like them, good for you, im just a older BSA/triumph kinda guy, I just don't like vespas and lambrettas, not my cup of tea. yeah they may be iconic etc etc etc bladdy blah but so is the c90 etc id rather have one of those..
your on two wheels is the main thing but I just don't like vespas/lambrettas, I still nod to vespa/lambretta riders i just don't like vespas/lambrettas.

ill just go ride my Yamaha and my triumph when i get it next year and stick to those.
rendersonique#14
So your a 'Rocker' not a 'Mod'. No harm in that. If your neither (like myself), why do you have to be so judgmental?
scootzmadness#15
because I can, because I feel like it, because im a asshole?
choose one.

I don't really care, 99% of vespa/lambretta riders in my are are generally a bunch of stuck up cunts, I don't like the scooters and that's that. if you like them, good for you. ride the hell outta it. ill go ride a proper bike ;)
Stevep#16
Im doing the same sort of trip on my new bike when I get it before the gf has the sprog


HANG ON A MINUTE!:eek:
BACK THE BUS UP!:eek:

Mrs Trumpalot is up the duff?????:eek:
rendersonique#17
I want a RD350LC. That's my dream bike :-)
scootzmadness#18
yes.
accidental.
scootzmadness#19
do like the RD350LC, triumph tiger 800 is my dream bike and im getting it. complete with crash bars + spotlights.
Stevep#20
Sorry Renders for the highjack but this is...........well...............

Scootz!!!!
Accidental???
Well.......thats a hell of a way to announce it, in the middle of a thread.
I'm.....I'm......I don't know what i am.
Shocked.
Thats what it is.
Shocked.
Stupified.
Nearly speechless.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Honda Dylan problem please help5 replies16 Jul 2014
Problems with str8 stems2 replies16 Jul 2014
buy or not to buy?9 replies14 Jul 2014
helllp1 replies14 Jul 2014
Piaggio Beverly paint codes4 replies13 Jul 2014
piaggio typhoon 125 rear brake cable length0 replies11 Jul 2014
Lithium Battery’s... Are they worth the extra money?1 replies6 Jul 2014
Registering a new vehicle malarkey!4 replies5 Jul 2014
What is it5 replies1 Jul 2014
What Action Camera Do You Use? ~ How Your Mount Them?7 replies1 Jul 2014