Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Problems with str8 stems

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by 05ZipSp, 10 Oct 2013
05ZipSp#1
Recently I've being doing a bar conversion for my zip, Ive got some pro tapers and a str8 stem.
when tightening the top bolts so my bars didn't move back and forth they got fairly tight but my bars still moved a bit, so I tightened them a bit more and it stripped the thread so I had to buy another, as I was putting the second one on the bars weren't even tight on the stem and I could still easily move them back and forth and the thread stripped before the bolt even got tight so now I'm stuck with two stems both stripped thread but I'm going to see if I can get them tapped and re threaded.
Another problem I had were the stem doesn't actually sit over the fork it just sits on top so when tightened up the stem still has "play" side to side

Anyone else had problems like this with there str8 stems or on there zips?

Does anyone recommend a good quality stem that will fit my zip sp?
qwerann#2
EXACTLY the same problem and mine can spin around in the steer tube no matter how tight i do it up, any idea?
turbovetto#3
Never had that problem on the Ovetto. Are you sure it's the right stem for the Zip/Peugeot ? Otherwise - it's time to make a shim from a coke can..... I did have the problem with the Stage6 stem - but I solved this with a big/straight M6 bolt & nut that goes in one side & out the other. I had to dremel a flat surface on one side - but it works.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Advice please?17 replies18 Jul 2014
What engine in a Benelli Velvet 125 a/c?0 replies17 Jul 2014
Which ped0 replies17 Jul 2014
Longest ride you have been on your ped32 replies17 Jul 2014
Honda Dylan problem please help5 replies16 Jul 2014
buy or not to buy?9 replies14 Jul 2014
helllp1 replies14 Jul 2014
Piaggio Beverly paint codes4 replies13 Jul 2014
Where are all the Vespa's.?.35 replies11 Jul 2014
piaggio typhoon 125 rear brake cable length0 replies11 Jul 2014